Author Topic: Trump Gets an Unlikely Assist On Why National Polls Are Useless Right Now  (Read 304 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Gets an Unlikely Assist On Why National Polls Are Useless Right Now

Posted at 9:13 am on June 13, 2019 by Bonchie

Yesterday, a poll from Quinnipiac came out which showed Donald Trump getting trounced by essentially everyone in the 2020 Democratic field. Unsurprisingly, Joe Biden had the largest lead at 13 points.

Aaron Blake
✔
@AaronBlake

Quinnipiac has more bad polling news for Trump. These are national head-to-heads:

Biden +13
Sanders +9
Harris +8
Warren +7
Buttigieg +5
Booker +5
12:50 PM - Jun 11, 2019

There was also a story circulating that Trump got some bad internal polling news. It was then spun as some kind of scandal that he wouldn’t want his surugotes talking about it public, because politicians normally share internal polling or something. The rules are always changing, obviously.

Is all this really the devastating news the media is making it out to be? Donald Trump made his opinion be known.

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The Fake News has never been more dishonest than it is today. Thank goodness we can fight back on Social Media. Their new weapon of choice is Fake Polling, sometimes referred to as Suppression Polls (they suppress the numbers). Had it in 2016, but this is worse.....
8:46 AM - 12 Jun 2019

more
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/06/13/trump-gets-unlikely-assist-national-polls-useless-right-now/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Nothing the edia says should be taken as truth.  They abandoned their obligation to truth a long time ago.  There is no news media in the USA I trust, and only one comes close, One America News Network OAN. 

Liz Wheeler is the only source in news I trust.  The only source on OAN at 9PM eastern.

Offline dfwgator

I would lie to pollsters too, anything to have them done away with.  Their objective is to formulate opinion, not measure it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
There’s nothing surprising about a Republican being behind in a national poll. It doesn’t matter, because that’s not how our elections work. It’s going to come down to the usual suspects of swing states, minus Ohio. Rebuilding the blue wall and flipping Pennsylvania will be the linchpin.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bilo

If Trump doesn't win in a landslide this country is lost. By all measures he's been a great POTUS and the Rat field of candidates are insanely bad.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Drudge Report ran 3 articles (still there) on the polls, Zogby polls are often friendly to Repubs but those polls indicate problems in "swing states"...Something to almost count on for sure, out of the 3 states that I believe have been blue in recent years, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan, he needs one of the 3 to win again. I agree, he should win in a landslide but now, isn't the time to throw caution to the wind imho.  Per a pundit I read, Michigan currently looks strongest for him.

Swing states: Biden dominates, Trump’s reelection in trouble

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/swing-states-biden-dominates-trumps-reelection-in-trouble

Then, more reading:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trumps-internal-polling-data-march-showed-joe/story?id=63718268

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/15/donald-trump-elizabeth-warren-2020-election-1365816

I've got to think, some who do not care for Trump, simply do not like his temperament.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:03:18 pm by TomSea »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Some people won't admit to pollsters that they would vote for Trump.  They are too embarrassed.