Author Topic: The Lessons of the Mueller Probe By Andrew C. McCarthy  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Lessons of the Mueller Probe By Andrew C. McCarthy
« on: June 13, 2019, 09:51:06 pm »
   The Lessons of the Mueller Probe
By Andrew C. McCarthy

June 12, 2019 4:47 PM

Our government must make transparent, good-faith efforts to police itself, or risk losing legitimacy in the public’s eyes.

Editor’s Note: The following is the written testimony submitted by Mr. McCarthy in connection with a hearing earlier today before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on the Mueller Report (specifically, the first volume of the report, which addresses Russia’s interference in the 2016 campaign, as to which Special Counsel Mueller found no conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin). The hearing was broadcast on C-SPAN, here.

Chairman Schiff, Ranking Member Nunes, members of the Committee, thank you for inviting me to this morning’s hearing.

I served as a federal prosecutor for nearly 20 years, almost all at the Office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, from which I retired in 2003 as the chief assistant U.S. attorney in charge of the Southern District’s satellite office in White Plains. I’ve also done a short stint working on an independent-counsel probe, and for several months in 2004, I was a consultant to the deputy secretary of defense while the Pentagon was grappling with various legal issues after the onset of post-9/11 military operations. During my years as a prosecutor, I was honored to receive the Attorney General’s Distinguished Service Award in 1988 and the Attorney General’s Exceptional Service Award in 1996 for my work on international-organized-crime and international-terrorism cases.

Since leaving government service, I have been a writer and commentator. I am appearing this morning in my personal capacity as a former government official who cares deeply about our national security and the rule of law.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/06/the-lessons-of-the-mueller-probe/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Re: The Lessons of the Mueller Probe By Andrew C. McCarthy
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:42:28 pm »
Very strong.   

Offline aligncare

Re: The Lessons of the Mueller Probe By Andrew C. McCarthy
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 01:39:02 pm »