Author Topic: Can California Be Saved, or Is It Too Late?  (Read 365 times)

rangerrebew

Can California Be Saved, or Is It Too Late?
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:45:49 am »
June 11, 2019
Can California Be Saved, or Is It Too Late?
By Patricia McCarthy

Mark Levin appeared at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California on Saturday night.  The event was a celebration of his new, bestselling book, Unfreedom of the Press.  It was a glorious evening.  The auditorium was packed with several thousand fans with an overflow crowd in another room.  Levin delivered not a speech but a conversation.  John Heubusch, the director of the Reagan Library introduced Levin then the two of them sat down.  Heubusch asked  questions and Levin answered in his usual inimitable fashion.  The crowd loved it.  But as we were all sitting in that spectacular library in California, the state of our state was the initial topic of discussion.  How did this state, once the envy of all others, become the pathetic, indebted loser state it is today?  The answer is simple, single-party Democratic rule.  Levin worked for the Reagan Justice Department and, like everyone else in the room, reveres the man.  But the state that Reagan once governed (1967-1975) has become  the prime national example of the abject failure of Democratic policies, all of them. Jerry Brown's imaginary high-speed rail that was to initially run from Bakersfield to Merced in Central California is a bust.  The cost was projected to be $77b but has forecast to be $98b!  It most likely will never be completed.  Billions have been wasted.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/06/can_california_be_saved_or_is_it_too_late.html#ixzz5qjC4MKWU
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline LMAO

Re: Can California Be Saved, or Is It Too Late?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 12:29:25 pm »
Liberals like to point out that  California alone is the fifth world largest economy. Although true, it’s still not immune from the law of economics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 01:14:54 pm »
Liberals like to point out that  California alone is the fifth world largest economy. Although true, it’s still not immune from the law of economics

Liberals like to take credit for things they've had nothing to do with. CA's economic status goes back way before it became a one party state. But a reckoning is coming and that has everything to do with them.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:21:58 pm »
Liberals like to take credit for things they've had nothing to do with. CA's economic status goes back way before it became a one party state. But a reckoning is coming and that has everything to do with them.

California should be exhibit A of why you should never let progressives be in charge of anything.  Their child like view of the world is cute when it comes out of the mouth of elementary school children. It’s destructive  when put in place as policy by adults wielding power
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 01:23:00 pm »
The whole west coast is going to continue to act like little spoiled, defiant children flipping the bird at the rest of us till they finally split off, and then ultimately get taken over by China.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 02:03:10 pm »
Dead State Walking.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 12:39:34 am »
"Can California Be Saved, or Is It Too Late?"

That's the $64 question.

I think California could be "saved", but only after a Civil War style incursion (by troops), removal of the existing state and local governments (to be replaced by interim military governments), imposition of a new structure of state and local laws (dictated to them in same manner in which Douglas McArthur imposed a new constitution upon Japan after World War II), and the revocation of citizenship of Californians -- who will then be offered re-admittance to the Union if they agree to take loayalty oaths to traditional principles and to America.

And of course, an "expulsion" (a la old Spain) of the illegals back across the border to Mexico (and then to wherever else they may have come from).

Haha, you're laughin' at me.
Laugh away, it's ok.
But that's "the cost"
Otherwise, California's lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 01:05:51 am »
The California economic chart looks like a distorted hourglass with a large group of multi milionaires and billionaires at the top, a not too large middle class, and a very large underclass.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 01:56:24 am »
Only 'gay' people should be allowed to hold office in California!
If they continue their obviously 'anti-gay' government, then they deserve whatever they get.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.