Author Topic: VERDICT: Jury awards Gibson’s Bakery $11 million against Oberlin College  (Read 4828 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@The Ghost

Maybe he was trying to impress de white bitches wid how spisticated n'shit dat he be?

Maybe, but the female (and male) SJWs at Oblerline are already a pretty easy get for a black man.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

Maybe he was trying to impress de white bitches wid how spisticated n'shit dat he be?

Yep back at his dindo drop inn crib.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

In the video I thought the owner said he tried to abscond wit 2 bottles of Manischewitz.  Now that ain't kosher.

Actually, it is kosher.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Actually, it is kosher.

It was sarcasm.   22222frying pan

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

And it worked.

LOL.  I was going to say
"Mogan David" or Mad Dog20/20 but I knew that wasn't kosher!

Offline GrouchoTex

To the contrary, it says they're true to their principles.  They weren't stealing.  They were just redistributing wealth from an exploitative, white-owned capitalist business to the masses.

:cool:

:beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oberlin College asks for mistrial in Gibson's case

Attorneys for Oberlin College and Dean of Students Meredith Raimondo moved for a mistrial June 11 in a libel suit brought against them by Gibson’s Food Mart and Bakery.

On June 7, a Lorain County Common Pleas Court jury awarded the plaintiffs $11 million.

The jury was scheduled to hear the punitive portion of the trial, but attorneys for Oberlin College produced five motions to the court moments before they were to return to the courtroom.

Because of this, Common Pleas Judge John R. Miraldi called a recess while he reviewed the motions and released the jury for the day.

In making his oral motion asking for the mistrial, Ronald D. Holman II claimed the case could not go forward because Miraldi did not require the jurors to break down their June 7 rulings on compensatory damage by each claim.

more
https://www.morningjournal.com/news/lorain-county/oberlin-college-asks-for-mistrial-in-gibsons-case/article_b75aa0b2-8c64-11e9-a2fd-7b093ea5909a.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

Oberlin College asks for mistrial in Gibson's case

more
https://www.morningjournal.com/news/lorain-county/oberlin-college-asks-for-mistrial-in-gibsons-case/article_b75aa0b2-8c64-11e9-a2fd-7b093ea5909a.html

Hopefully the judge will see this for what it is.  The last gasp of a scumbag lawyer. 

Offline Wingnut

ELYRIA, Ohio — Judge John Miraldi denied Oberlin College’s request on Tuesday to declare a mistrial in the civil lawsuit filed against it by Gibson’s Food Mart and Bakery and to order the case re-tried.

The punitive phase of the civil case will move forward at 10 a.m. on Wednesday.

Following a jury verdict awarding Gibson’s, a family-owned business in Oberlin, $11 million for compensatory damages from Oberlin College, the jury was to reconvene on Tuesday for a hearing on punitive damages — a hearing that could have so much as tripled the amount awarded to Gibson’s.

However, Judge Miraldi ordered a recess and released the jury for the day following five motion filings by Oberlin College before the hearing at the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas in Elyria, Ohio. He returned and allowed lawyers to discuss the filings.

Gibson's Bakery awarded more than $11 million in years-long legal battle with Oberlin College
Near the end of Tuesday’s court session, Ronald Holman, an attorney representing the college, filed an oral motion — this time moving for mistrial and a new trial. He requested a new trial on the grounds that the jury’s “commingling of damages awards” and the failure to identify the amount of compensatory damages that were allocated to each plaintiff on each claim.

Judge Miraldi did not rule against the motion from the bench, but later on Tuesday denied the request in a journal entry, according to court officials.

---

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/courts/2019/06/11/oberlin-college-files-motion-for-retrial-gibson-bakery-suit/stories/20190611182

Hopefully today we will see the triple punitive award!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm glad the judge saw that motion for what it was.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Hopefully the judge will see this for what it is.  The last gasp of a scumbag lawyer.
He did

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,364927.0.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hopefully today we will see the triple punitive award!

I would expect this phase to take more than a day, but who knows?  the Jury has to deliberate.  I hope the Alumni letter was introduced as evidence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mod2

Topics merged.