Author Topic: Colorado couple files suit alleging chemicals at Dominican Republic resort made them critically ill  (Read 591 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A couple or two have died at this resort in Dominican Republic. This couple lived but got real sick and is suing.

Latin America
Colorado couple files suit alleging chemicals at Dominican Republic resort made them critically ill

(Tucker Carlson coverage of story)

A Colorado couple has filed a lawsuit in the Dominican Republic against the hotel chain where at least four American tourists have died in the past year, alleging that they fell ill because of pesticides while staying at one of the chain's properties last year.

The Grand Bahia Principe La Romana, the hotel where the couple -- Kaylynn Knull and Tom Schwander -- say they stayed, is where a Maryland couple was found dead in their room on May 30.

“I honestly believe the truth needs to be told,” Knull told the Denver Channel. “This sounds way too similar at the same resort.”

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/colorado-couple-lawsuit-chemicals-dominican-republic-resort-ill

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I can't understand why people want to go to Caribbean resorts or countries.
I see nothing in any of those places that I would enjoy...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hmmm.   Maybe organophosphate poisoning? 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I can't understand why people want to go to Caribbean resorts or countries.
I see nothing in any of those places that I would enjoy...
Parasites, exotic diseases, 'Montezuma's Revenge', what's not to like? Things you can take home as souvenirs your doctor never even heard of....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

Seen several Dominican Republic tourist articles lately.  Why now?

Offline TomSea

'Everything Was Bleeding:' Woman Says She Was Poisoned at Dominican Republic Resort Where 3 Americans Died
By Zachary Stieber

A New York woman said that she got sick at the Dominican Republic resort where three Americans were found dead and now believes she was poisoned.

Awilda Montes said that she and her boyfriend at the time arrived at the Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville in October 2018 and went to their room.

Montes took a bottle of soda out of the minifridge in the room and swallowed some.

“When I took a swig of it, I kind of held it in my mouth the minute I held it, it just started burning,” Montes told Pix 11. “I ran to the bathroom when I spit it out there was blood, my mouth was on fire, my gums, everything was bleeding.”

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/everything-was-bleeding-woman-says-she-was-poisoned-at-dominican-republic-resort-where-3-americans-died_2955738.html

Offline TomSea

David Ortiz: Former Boston Red Sox star shot in back in Dominican Republic

22 minutes ago From the section Baseball

Boston Red Sox legend David Ortiz was shot in the back in the Dominican Republic on Sunday, police say.

The three-time World Series champion, 43, is recovering after surgery, the Red Sox said in a statement.

"David's family has confirmed that he sustained a gunshot wound to the lower back/abdominal region," it added.

"We have offered David's family all available resources to aid in his recovery and will continue to keep them in our hearts."

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/sport/baseball/48578907