Author Topic: Republicans threaten revolt, may block Trump's Mexico tariffs  (Read 1590 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Republicans threaten revolt, may block Trump's Mexico tariffs
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2019, 09:56:52 pm »

Facts don't lie, 4 years ago on June 16th Trump took an escalator ride and immediately said the Mexicans were sending their worst here (rapist and murderers), fast forward to now and the Immigration problem is 10X worse.  Of course, the fault always lies with someone else, the GOP (his own party), or the dems or the Judicial Activist on the Courts, the bureaucracy whatever.
   I don't expect things to change.  We are about to be bombarded again for the 2020 election with Immigration bravado by people that have no intention of fixing the problem, these whores:

The GOP and DEMS have been playing the blame game for a very long time and for some reason people think that someone may actually change things. That this time their guy will make a difference forgetting that all the massive corruption entrenched within our government isn't going to disappear with a 'poof'!  Perhaps Trump honestly believed that he was going to be able to make some positive changes (while making a ton of money); he's done some good and not so good.  Pretty typical of any politician; some worse than others, some better than others.  He has some time left to prove himself, but I don't anticipate that we'll see anymore significant positive changes before election day.  The left and the RINO's will see to that, and of course they will all BLAME Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2019, 10:00:01 pm »
Seven joined the dems, voting for amnexty today.

no spines
Wasn't that in the House?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2019, 10:07:17 pm »
After reading the article and seeing this, I am even more enthusiastic that tariffs on Mexican goods are the correct thing to do

“When it comes to applying a tariff to Mexico, I for one would not support that. I do not favor tariffs being applied to friends like Mexico,” said Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah). “If there’s a vote I think it’s a very difficult vote for those of us who oppose tariffs. I would not be inclined to vote [for] a tariff against a friend.”
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2019, 10:10:09 pm »
   I agree @libertybele and Trump in turn blames them and inside this vicious circle nothing seems to get done, Politics as usual.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.