Author Topic: Mexican government admits 80% of its populated territory is run by cartels, including key border are  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Again, if the Cartels control the government, why would they be fighting Federal Troops as in the video, all the same.

This confirms some of what you said, reading:

554 Municipalities under control of the Narcotrafickers...
Transnational Criminal Organizations control governments and municipalities with 1,000,000 workers and 600 thousand annual salaries (or something like that).

And so on.

Still, I think it's pretty dicey to outright say they control the government, they obviously fight against the Federal Troops,  that is the government.

At the bottom is a quote:

"Not only more violence, but more penetration and corruption in all levels of the government"

https://twitter.com/contralinea

"Plata o Plomo", "Lead or Silver"....

And again the map showed there are still area's that the government is in control of.  But the majority of states have been infiltrated by the Cartel.  This is back in 2012 :

Friday, 16 March 2012
Report: Cartel Infiltration of Mexican Government Widespread

https://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/north-america/item/10675-report-cartel-infiltration-of-mexican-government-widespread

During the last elections there were something like 130 political candidates assassinated by the Cartel.  I am not sure what you call in control?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Many sitting politicians have been killed as well.  The military, they are corrupted but not as bad as the rest of the system, fight cartels, they are the government obviously, that's my only point.

Mexico enshrines army's role in drug war with divisive law
[Reuters]
By Lizbeth Diaz
,Reuters•December 15, 2017

Known as the Law of Internal Security, the bill establishes rules for the military's role in battling drug gangs, a conflict that has claimed well over 100,000 lives in the last decade.

The military has been mired in several human rights scandals, including extra-judicial killings of suspected gang members and the 2014 disappearance of 43 students near an army base.

Supporters of the legislation say it will set out clear rules that limit the use of soldiers to fight crime.

Read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/mexicos-senate-passes-divisive-security-law-paving-way-125501266.html
A young mayor and her husband were shot dead in Veracruz, another mayor murdered in Michoacan
Chivis Martinez Borderland Beat From ElPeriodico and Clarin

Two Mayors killed, one in Veracruz and one in Michoacan.  100 mayors have been killed in Mexico since 2006. Veracruz mayor offered 30,000 pesos not to take office.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2019/04/a-young-mayor-and-her-husband-were-shot.html

Sitting politicians.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Many sitting politicians have been killed as well.  The military, they are corrupted but not as bad as the rest of the system, fight cartels, they are the government obviously, that's my only point.

Sitting politicians.

Are we arguing and having the same point of view?  I am confused.  I agree military is corrupted and Cartel is the government in 80% of Mexico.  If there are non corrupted they soon are found dead.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Anyway, a blanket statement as the Cartels control the Government is not so easy to make, they obviously, do fight the National Army and Navy.

They may control some municipalities on the border to some extent and that being corruption or lead or silver, plata o plomo but are they in charge of the water company? Electricity? Even mayor's office.  I'm not so sure about this.

Mexico’s toughest cop took bullets in the fight against cartels. Now he’s seeking revenge
Kate Linthicum
14-18 minutes

As the city of Tijuana has become Mexico's homicide capital, former military officer and mayoral candidate Julian Leyzaola is promising to get tough on crime.

On a clear afternoon four years ago, a gunman ran up alongside a Jeep in the Mexican border city of Juarez and started shooting.

Julian Leyzaola was hit twice in the chest, once in the neck and once in the back as he turned to shield his young son. It was that last bullet that left him paralyzed from the waist down.

https://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-leyzaola-mayor-20190531-story.html

He doesn't sound owned by the cartels.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Anyway, a blanket statement as the Cartels control the Government is not so easy to make, they obviously, do fight the National Army and Navy.

They may control some municipalities on the border to some extent and that being corruption or lead or silver, plata o plomo but are they in charge of the water company? Electricity? Even mayor's office.  I'm not so sure about this.

He doesn't sound owned by the cartels.

I am not going to split hairs.  There is a map.  Largely the Cartel has infiltrated the Mexican government.  The ones that have not been infiltrated are quite possibly walking dead men.  Because the statistics on how many people, politicians, military and police make being in control dangerous business.  We can all hope that these brave men who are fighting to stay in control continue to do so.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@TomSea

President Obrador won in an election that saw over 130 politicians assassinated.   Now he has declare he wants peace with the Drug Kingpins.  If you think that is in control when 80o% of the country is controlled by the Cartel I think you are wrong.  President Trump needs to recognize that this new President is not making any efforts to stop the drug war.  He has declared the drug war over and peace I guess is amnesty for the anarchy lawlessness of the world of Criminal multinational drug Cartel groups.  Its over for Mexico.  Cartel have won.  So has MS-13  who freely travel through Mexico and enter our country.  If the President declares war on drugs over is it any wonder there is no help from Mexico to stop the flow of drugs?

Fury as Mexico presidential candidate pitches amnesty for drug cartel kingpins
 This article is more than 1 year old
Andrés Manuel López Obrador says he wants a dialogue on the drug war that has cost the country an estimated 200,000 lives over the last decade

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/04/mexican-presidential-candidate-pitches-amnesty-deal-for-drug-cartel-kingpins

Obrador is Cartels President.

Offline Absalom

Third world cultures/societies, such as Mexico, are easy marks for
criminal activity such as drug production and smuggling as they
are too lazy to to change their repetitive behavior as well as easy
marks for corrupt and venal gangsters/politicians.

Offline libertybele

Third world cultures/societies, such as Mexico, are easy marks for
criminal activity such as drug production and smuggling as they
are too lazy to to change their repetitive behavior as well as easy
marks for corrupt and venal gangsters/politicians.

This is very true.  With the influx of ILLEGALS from 50 different countries and Mexico's unwillingness or inability to curb the invasion into this country, ILLEGALS from those 3rd world cultures/societies are now the problem of the U.S.  We cannot sustain the economic burden.  The crimes and drugs are pouring into our country along with the diseases that the ILLEGALS bring.

You are correct, repetitive behavior makes for easy targets.  Unfortunately, the U.S. has NOT changed their behavior towards ILLEGALS.  Obviously what we've been doing hasn't worked in the past and it sure as heck isn't working now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.