Author Topic: Tucker Carlson touts Warren's 'economic patriotism' plan, says some ideas 'make obvious sense'  (Read 801 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tucker Carlson touts Warren's 'economic patriotism' plan, says some ideas 'make obvious sense'
By Zack Budryk - 06/05/19 09:38 PM EDT

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Fox News’s Tucker Carlson offered praise Wednesday night for Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s “economic patriotism” platform that would invest $2 trillion in green research and technology over the next decade.

“The truth is that Washington policies, not unstoppable market forces, are a key driver of the problems American workers face. From our trade agreements to our tax code, we have encouraged companies to invest abroad, ship jobs overseas and keep wages low,” Carlson said, continuing to read an extended monologue on the topic before revealing it was an excerpt from a policy proposal by Warren.

"Nobody you voted for said that or would ever say it," Carlson said, adding that "many of Warren’s policy prescriptions make obvious sense," such as the federal government buying U.S.-made products whenever possible and scaling up apprenticeship programs.

Read more at: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/447217-tucker-carlson-touts-warrens-economic-patriotism-plan-says-ideas

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline goatprairie

Yes, let's junk all the past economic policies that have made the U.S., by far, the wealthiest, most economically successful country in the world. All because a commie lib says it's the way to go. Sheesh.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, let's junk all the past economic policies that have made the U.S., by far, the wealthiest, most economically successful country in the world. All because a commie lib says it's the way to go. Sheesh.
Wealthiest country in the world? Only if you ignore the ludicrous debt load we have now incurred.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

Wealthiest country in the world? Only if you ignore the ludicrous debt load we have now incurred.
CHART OF THE WEEKRanked: The 10 Wealthiest Countries in the WorldPublished 1 year ago on May 4, 2018 By Jeff Desjardins

Ranked: The 10 Wealthiest Countries in the World

The 10 Wealthiest Countries
The Chart of the Week is a weekly Visual Capitalist feature on Fridays.

According to market research company New World Wealth, the world has accumulated $215 trillion in private wealth, a 12% increase over the last year.

Incredibly, the vast majority of this wealth – about 73.5% – is held by just 10 countries:

Rank   Country   Wealth ($ Trillions)   Change (2007-2017, %)
#1   United States   $62.6   20%

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
CHART OF THE WEEKRanked: The 10 Wealthiest Countries in the WorldPublished 1 year ago on May 4, 2018 By Jeff Desjardins

According to market research company New World Wealth, the world has accumulated $215 trillion in private wealth, a 12% increase over the last year.

Incredibly, the vast majority of this wealth – about 73.5% – is held by just 10 countries:

Got a link?

Offline goatprairie

Got a link?
I'm lousy at links. I am the world's worst do-stuff-with-computers person.
However, if you go to this website.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/chart-the-10-wealthiest-countries-in-the-world/

Offline skeeter

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/chart-the-10-wealthiest-countries-in-the-world/

That’s nice. What’s the US wealth ranking on a per capita basis?

Ps never mind, looks like we’re no. 2 behind Switzerland.

Anyway that figure needs to be weighted for transfer payments, debt, comparative tax load etc
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:59:55 pm by skeeter »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Is that assets alone or net worth?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Not trying to give you a hard time, but a quote without a link to the story or data is useless.  We need to be able to see what is behind the quote.

Offline goatprairie

Not trying to give you a hard time, but a quote without a link to the story or data is useless.  We need to be able to see what is behind the quote.
I gave you the link.

Offline goatprairie

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I gave you the link.

And I'm glad you did.  I'm just catching up this thread and I appreciated having the link.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:02:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »