Author Topic: Republicans weigh vote against Trump's tariff plan against Mexico: report  (Read 355 times)

rangerrebew

Republicans weigh vote against Trump's tariff plan against Mexico: report

By Paulina Dedaj

Published June 04, 2019
Fox News

Republican lawmakers are gearing up for a vote to potentially override President Trump's planned tariff on Mexico this month as an unmoved Trump reportedly remains defiant of his party’s warnings.

Congressional Republicans are considering to call a vote to pass a resolution of disapproval on Trump’s use of a declaration of national emergency, which allows him to impose the 5 % tariff on Mexican imports, which he said is set to go in effect on June 10, the Washington Post reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

If the vote passes by a majority,  it would be veto-proof, unlike the first time Congress override a national emergency declaration for border funds in March.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-weigh-decision-for-vote-against-trumps-tariffs-against-mexico-report

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GOP -- Gutless Old Plutocrats

(Saw this elsewhere today, so good I had to save it!)

Offline bilo

Congressional Republicans are considering to call a vote to pass a resolution of disapproval on Trump’s use of a declaration of national emergency, which allows him to impose the 5 % tariff on Mexican imports, which he said is set to go in effect on June 10, the Washington Post reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

What a great way to become a worthless minority party again. After all why vote for Pubs when they won't do anything that they ran on to get elected.

I'm getting pretty sick and tired seeing my POTUS fight the good fight by himself.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

What a great way to become a worthless minority party again. After all why vote for Pubs when they won't do anything that they ran on to get elected.

I'm getting pretty sick and tired seeing my POTUS fight the good fight by himself.
No kidding. The GOP with whom I registered decades ago always put national security first.

With the kinds of worthless wastes of skin occupying congress today I wonder why the hell I even bother anymore.