Author Topic: It’s Time For The Supreme Court To Make States Stop Ignoring The Second Amendment  (Read 12091 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Utterly irrelevant.  As is pretty much everything you post.

I’m sorry did you say something?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Bill Cipher

Cars are rarely dangerous to the State, and has been pointed out cars are not required to be registered or insured.  Go ahead and call me paranoid, I don't care as long as I can defend myself and family from the predations of evil people.

Very true, which is why a careful, thoughtful consideration of the issues, and a balancing of the costs and benefits is required.  Guns are, after all, just as dangerous as cars to the general public, and without as many of the social benefits that cars have. 

As Scalia said:  the right is subject to reasonable regulation. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
He glosses right over that every time it's mentioned.  Must be a pretty good argument we have there, @txradioguy.

@Cyber Liberty

Both of our Liberal gun grabbers skip right past the facts presented to them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Bill Cipher

@Cyber Liberty

Both of our Liberal gun grabbers skip right past the facts presented to them.

Uh, yeah .... nope.  Once again, proving your own apparently irremediable ignorance. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nonsense.  The law imposes duties on individuals to be responsible, and imposes fines and punishment for violations, in all areas of life.  Why should gun owners be some sacrosanct group not subject to the same rules car owners are subject to?
If I shoot someone, there are no punishments?
Only if I can meet the narrow standards for self-defense or the defense of others.
Even discharging a firearm in any municipality comes with penalties, unless under certain very strict conditions.
The very display of a firearm, known as "brandishing", if done in a threatening manner comes with penalties.

Your dogma is only outstripped by your apparent ignorance.

There are more laws governing the proper use of firearms, their discharge, and even display, than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Very true, which is why a careful, thoughtful consideration of the issues, and a balancing of the costs and benefits is required.  Guns are, after all, just as dangerous as cars to the general public, and without as many of the social benefits that cars have. 

Did Scalia say registration or mandatory liability insurance of firearms were reasonable? I honestly don't know the answer.  I'd be interested in what the concurring opinions of other Justices were.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
If I shoot someone, there are no punishments?
Only if I can meet the narrow standards for self-defense or the defense of others.
Even discharging a firearm in any municipality comes with penalties, unless under certain very strict conditions.
The very display of a firearm, known as "brandishing", if done in a threatening manner comes with penalties.

Your dogma is only outstripped by your apparent ignorance.

There are more laws governing the proper use of firearms, their discharge, and even display, than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio.

There’s already something in the neighborhood  1,600 laws on the books from the city to the federal level regarding the usage of firearms in the U.S. 

And there not one Liberal in the country...to include the two gun grabbers here that can tell us what one new law or registration/insurance scheme will do that the other laws failed to do.

The fact of the matter is they know whatever they propose won’t work...it’s just paved the way for what they really want.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There’s already something in the neighborhood  1,600 laws on the books from the city to the federal level regarding the usage of firearms in the U.S. 

And there not one Liberal in the country...to include the two gun grabbers here that can tell us what one new law or registration/insurance scheme will do that the other laws failed to do.

The fact of the matter is they know whatever they propose won’t work...it’s just paved the way for what they really want.

Most of those laws don't have much effect because they are largely unenforced.  That's not a bug, it's a feature by design.  Tht's where the paving is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

Whoa, there, skippy.

My car does not make my home or person safer.
My gun does.
My car pollutes the air.
Except for very limited occasions, my gun does not.
My car uses public resources, even takes up space on them.
My gun does not.
My gun is no danger to anyone who is not a danger to me, my family, or others who cannot defend themselves.
My car, well, while it has not harmed anyone (ever), may not be so fortunate in the long run.

My gun has the very real potential to be of benefit to society, in the interruption of a crime, apprehension of a criminal, and the defense of me, my family, my neighborhood and neighbors, and in the extreme, my country.
My car, at best would be a bit of a roadblock.
My gun has fed my family (and others).
My car, thankfully, has not--at least not in the sense that it has directly been the device to put meat on the table.
My gun has been used to stop rabid animals from injuring others.
My car has not.

I think you grossly underestimate the social benefit of my guns.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Whoa, there, skippy.
I think you grossly underestimate the social benefit of my guns.

Understatement of the thread right there.   :cool:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

We know what their aim is.
It's as plain as their lies on this site.
They think registration will provide them  with a list to go shopping with on the day they can get people to fall for their bullshit.
Only some of us will never fall for it, and their list is woefully incomplete. They don't have the guns made here and abroad before 1968, only a fraction of those made and brought home since, and none of the ones made by people who decided having a few off the books was a good idea. The reality is they don't even have a good idea what is out here, and that scares them to incontinence.

If they'd just go back to playing by the rules, they would not even have cause for trepidation, but that is too simple, and a concept beyond their ken.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They think registration will provide them  with a list to go shopping with on the day they can get people to fall for their bullshit.

We already have proof of that, here in these United States.  In California, where registration is mandatory, the Police will confiscate any weapons from somebody whose relative or employer has declared them a "hazard to themselves or others," using that shopping list.  In Hawaii, having a Medical Marijuana card will get you that same visit from law enforcement. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

We already have proof of that, here in these United States.  In California, where registration is mandatory, the Police will confiscate any weapons from somebody whose relative or employer has declared them a "hazard to themselves or others," using that shopping list.  In Hawaii, having a Medical Marijuana card will get you that same visit from law enforcement.
Those in California who were assured their SKS rifles were not banned under the Assault Weapons Ban there, and registered those rifles, got a rude awakening when the rule changed, too.

I am of the firm belief that what the Government does not know won't hurt me.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

What Scalia didn't mean is the right is subject to any 'reasonable' regulation the state decides is necessary.

IMO my guns are already reasonably regulated.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
We know what their aim is.
It's as plain as their lies on this site.
Only some of us will never fall for it, and their list is woefully incomplete. They don't have the guns made here and abroad before 1968, only a fraction of those made and brought home since, and none of the ones made by people who decided having a few off the books was a good idea. The reality is they don't even have a good idea what is out here, and that scares them to incontinence.

If they'd just go back to playing by the rules, they would not even have cause for trepidation, but that is too simple, and a concept beyond their ken.

@Smokin Joe @Cyber Liberty

Just to put a bit of a fine point on why the whole silly analogy to guns and car registration and insurance won't work...I'm a fan of the show LivePD...I've watched it since it first aired in 2017.

There's not an hour of that show on Friday and Saturday night where there aren't traffic stops made where the driver...doesn't have a) a valid drivers license b) current or valid registration for the car or c) valid or current insurance on the car.

So I'm not sure why the gun grabbers that reside here think that registration and insurance (like we have to have for our cars!!!) for gun owners will do anything to make the streets and communities less dangerous.

What I see on LivePD is a microcosm of society on a whole where motor vehicles are concerned and in turn what is widely know where guns are concerned as well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Those in California who were assured their SKS rifles were not banned under the Assault Weapons Ban there, and registered those rifles, got a rude awakening when the rule changed, too.

I am of the firm belief that what the Government does not know won't hurt me.

Speaking of the People's Republic of California...starting 1 July what's left of the legal gun owners in the state will have to undergo background checks just to buy ammo.

I see a marked increase in hand loading in the state...until the pol's catch on and regulate that too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Just to put a bit of a fine point on why the whole silly analogy to guns and car registration and insurance won't work...I'm a fan of the show LivePD...I've watched it since it first aired in 2017.

There's not an hour of that show on Friday and Saturday night where there aren't traffic stops made where the driver...doesn't have a) a valid drivers license b) current or valid registration for the car or c) valid or current insurance on the car.

So I'm not sure why the gun grabbers that reside here think that registration and insurance (like we have to have for our cars!!!) for gun owners will do anything to make the streets and communities less dangerous.

What I see on LivePD is a microcosm of society on a whole where motor vehicles are concerned and in turn what is widely know where guns are concerned as well.

The part I highlighted is an interesting point, @txradioguy.  If there was all this professed concern about making the country safer, they would have grasped the points we've made in that regard countless times and amplified on them.  The leftists are either incapable of grasping it, or they actually do "get it" and are not being truthful about their end goal.

But, who am I?  I'm paranoid.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
The part I highlighted is an interesting point, @txradioguy.  If there was all this professed concern about making the country safer, they would have grasped the points we've made in that regard countless times and amplified on them.  The leftists are either incapable of grasping it, or they actually do "get it" and are not being truthful about their end goal.

But, who am I?  I'm paranoid.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

I'll take "they get it" for $500

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Speaking of the People's Republic of California...starting 1 July what's left of the legal gun owners in the state will have to undergo background checks just to buy ammo.

I see a marked increase in hand loading in the state...until the pol's catch on and regulate that too.

Aren't they also limiting the number of rounds than can be purchased, too?  What's next, having to count expended brass at a range?

As for the hand-loading...they will crack down on purchases of primer and gunpowder.  I think they are still trying to make us adulterate the powder with inert chemical markers to make it easier to track.  And microstamping the brass.  Criminals will just go to revolvers to thwart efforts to police the brass, or take an Emory board to their firing pins. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I'll take "they get it" for $500

Yeah, but we're a paranoid talking to an imbecile.   rrthree
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Yeah, but we're a paranoid talking to an imbecile.   rrthree

I just consider the source... 888mouth

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I just consider the source... 888mouth

"Who you calling a paranoid imbecile, Willis?"   :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
"Who you calling a paranoid imbecile, Willis?"   :silly:

:silly:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Most of those laws don't have much effect because they are largely unenforced.  That's not a bug, it's a feature by design.  Tht's where the paving is.

Most of those laws have little effect because they are largely ignored by everyone and especially so with the lawless element who don't give one hoot in hell what the law does or doesn't say.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

I have been watching the show since it came out.

Considering my work van was hit (parked in front of my house) by a fellow whose name is easier to pronounce in a language other than English, who had neither title to the vehicle he was operating (last licensed in Indiana two years prior), no registration, no insurance, sketchy ID, and fled the scene (followed home by granddaughter's boyfriend who saw the wreck), and skated completely (nonfeasance by cop--I'd have spent the night in county facilities for that run), I am well aware of the efficacy of such legislation, especially when it goes unenforced.

C S Lewis