Author Topic: Mexico dispatches one of its biggest Trump-haters to persuade Trump to halt tariffs  (Read 195 times)

rangerrebew

June 2, 2019
Mexico dispatches one of its biggest Trump-haters to persuade Trump to halt tariffs
By Monica Showalter

When you're in a pickle and you want to ask the U.S. for something, do you ship your biggest hater of the president to get what you want?

That seems to be Mexico's genius tactic, shipping its Trump-hating foreign minister to the U.S. to meet Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in a bid to persuade President Trump to drop tariffs on Mexican imports into the U.S.

This doesn't sound like the sort of situation where being unpleasant is going to work. But there they go. Instead of sending a smooth diplomat to persuade the U.S. that the two countries really do have the same interests, they're sending a guy who attempted to manipulate U.S. elections and openly supported Trump's opponent to get the job done.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/mexico_dispatches_one_of_its_biggest_trumphaters_to_persuade_trump_to_halt_tariffs.html#ixzz5phOAZrLN

Offline conservativevoter

Can't you all just hear the outrage from parents over this?  Because it seems that most (maybe all?) of our most sacred and honorable things are tied to Mexico!  COOKIES, GRAHAM CRACKERS, CANDY, CANDY, AND CANDY!!!  I don't really give a flying fig!  Really don't.  I make my own.  Maybe the poor downtrodden libs should get with it and realize that conservatives just don't give much manure for the idea of having bumper crops of strawberries, snacks, and avocadoes.

9999hair out0000

!