Author Topic: IG: DOJ Declined to Prosecute Deputy Assistant Director of FBI Who Made Illegal Leak to Media  (Read 298 times)

rangerrebew

IG: DOJ Declined to Prosecute Deputy Assistant Director of FBI Who Made Illegal Leak to Media

(CNSNews.com) - The Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Justice says that the department declined to prosecute a deputy assistant director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation who made an illegal leak to the media.

In announcing that DOJ had declined to prosecuted this unnamed high-ranking FBI official, the inspector general also said that the case in question had been referenced in the IG’s earlier report on the FBI’s activities leading up to the 2016 election.

“The OIG investigation,” said a summary released by the OIG, “concluded that the DAD engaged in misconduct when the DAD: (1) disclosed to the media the existence of information that had been filed under seal in federal court, in violation of 18 USC 401, Contempt of Court; (2) provided without authorization FBI law enforcement sensitive information to reporters on multiple occasions; and (3) had dozens of official contacts with the media without authorization, in violation of FBI policy.”

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/ig-doj-declined-prosecute-deputy-assistant-director-fbi-who-made

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So prosecute, already.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So prosecute, already.

U.S. Attorney for DC: Jessie K Liu
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@EdJames

That is all very interesting and IMHO not worth spit in the grand scheme of things.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@EdJames

That is all very interesting and IMHO not worth spit in the grand scheme of things.

I sadly agree.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@EdJames

I sadly agree.   **nononono*

Tough crowd!!

LOL

I am usually the most pessimistic person in the crowd....  you guys make me feel like a crazy optimist!!

:silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Tough crowd!!

LOL

I am usually the most pessimistic person in the crowd....  you guys make me feel like a crazy optimist!!

:silly:
Really.

Aside from the charges being brought, there is a question of influence and nonfeasance on the part of the prosecutors...

The dockets should be jammed through 2024....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis