Author Topic: Mexico dispatches team to DC negotiate tariff solution, as Trump demands illegal immigration remedy  (Read 443 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mexico dispatches team to DC negotiate tariff solution, as Trump demands illegal immigration remedy

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador dispatched his foreign relations secretary to Washington on Friday, as the country scrambles to negotiate a solution with the United States following President Trump’s surprise move this week to slap tariffs on Mexico in the hopes it would remedy the illegal immigration surge at the U.S.-Mexico border.

The president on Thursday announced the new tariffs, which are slated to go into effect on June 10. Trump said that a new five percent tariff would be placed on all Mexican imports to pressure the country to do more to help crack down on the surge of migrants trying to cross the U.S. Southern border. Trump warned, though, that the tariff percentage would gradually increase up to 25 percent “until the illegal immigration problem is remedied.”

"Mexico has taken advantage of the United States for decades. Because of the Dems, our Immigration Laws are BAD. Mexico makes a FORTUNE from the U.S., have for decades, they can easily fix this problem. Time for them to finally do what must be done!" Trump tweeted Friday morning.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mexico-dispatches-team-to-dc-negotiate-tariff-solution-as-trump-demands-illegal-immigration-remedy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wonder how tourism in Mexico is going these days?  They are hemorrhaging.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder how tourism in Mexico is going these days?  They are hemorrhaging.

One would have to be a certified wacko to want to tour Mexico now.  I used to go frequently because back then the cartels considered tourism a goose laying golden eggs, and the Federales did what the cartels told them.  Those days are gone now that cartels consider Gringos obstacles and the Federales still do what the cartels tell them. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One would have to be a certified wacko to want to tour Mexico now.  I used to go frequently because back then the cartels considered tourism a goose laying golden eggs, and the Federales did what the cartels told them.  Those days are gone now that cartels consider Gringos obstacles and the Federales still do what the cartels tell them.
Maybe just the Chinese and Indians are staying in all those hotels.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Reducet he tariff by 1% for every 10 million illegals they take back (and retain, or pass on to their respective countries).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe just the Chinese and Indians are staying in all those hotels.

They may be staying there but they aren't filling them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: