Author Topic: Trump Promises 'Dramatic' Statement on the Border  (Read 586 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Trump Promises 'Dramatic' Statement on the Border
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:29:51 pm »
Trump Promises 'Dramatic' Statement on the Border

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/30/donald-trump-promises-dramatic-statement-border/

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, May 30, 2019

President Trump on Thursday promised a “major” statement on the border crisis, teasing it as his biggest one ever.

He did not say what it would be — and seemed unclear on whether it would be Thursday or Friday — but he did rule out shutting down the border, which had been an option he’d teased before.

“This is a big-league statement,” Mr. Trump said. “We are going to do something very dramatic on the border.”

The president’s frustration with his inability to stop the massive flow of people coming from Central America has already resulted in a major shakeup at Homeland Security, a record-long government shutdown and an extensive battle in the federal courts, where his border wall and many of his other get-tough policies have suffered setbacks.

Mr. Trump is also battling Congress for $4.5 billion in emergency spending to provide better care for the families and children who make up most of the migrant surge.

--snipped--
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 05:26:19 pm by EdJames »

Online rustynail

Re: Trump Promises 'Dramatic' Statement on the Border
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 04:45:11 pm »
"A draft proposal circulating among Trump’s Homeland Security advisers would prohibit migrants from seeking asylum if they have transited through a country other than their own before coming to the U.S."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 05:13:38 pm »
Good article.

Remember, here we often reduce photo sizes so instead of just the img in parenthesis, is is "img width=500". I think that's how management wants it but do as one sees fit.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:19:18 pm »
Good article.

Remember, here we often reduce photo sizes so instead of just the img in parenthesis, is is "img width=500". I think that's how management wants it but do as one sees fit.

I can take care of that @TomSea -- will set it to width=50000 in a jiff!!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 05:21:42 pm »
"would prohibit migrants from seeking asylum if they have transited through a country other than their own before coming to the U.S."

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 05:51:08 pm »
I can take care of that @TomSea -- will set it to width=50000 in a jiff!!

I've seen that done.  I LMAO.  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 05:52:50 pm »
Injunction from some 9th Circuit District Judge in 5...4...3...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 06:16:31 pm »
So Trump is planning more er.....................yip-yap???
Prolly gonna label the illegals guilty of collusion/obstruction! 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 06:17:28 pm »
These idiot judges are endangering the lives of USA citizens.  When folks from the Congo come here as illegal invaders and spread ebola, the deaths will be on the heads of these traitorous liberal judges!

The idea of a judge stopping the president from doing his job is not the intent of the Constitution.  Their actions are abusive, and this needs to be halted.

How many Americans must die because of their idiocy?  Illegals are killing Americans, raping American every day, and our government in Washington is failing across the board to protect our citizenry.  Just plain wrong.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 06:32:12 pm »
These idiot judges are endangering the lives of USA citizens.  When folks from the Congo come here as illegal invaders and spread ebola, the deaths will be on the heads of these traitorous liberal judges!

The idea of a judge stopping the president from doing his job is not the intent of the Constitution.  Their actions are abusive, and this needs to be halted.

How many Americans must die because of their idiocy?  Illegals are killing Americans, raping American every day, and our government in Washington is failing across the board to protect our citizenry.  Just plain wrong.

ILLEGALS raping, murdering, kidnapping for sex slavery and torturing legal American citizens has been going on for decades.

Yes, clearly the judges are in the wrong, not thinking about U.S. citizens and ruling against Trump for partisan purposes.  But, who is going to stop them?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 06:48:22 pm »
ILLEGALS raping, murdering, kidnapping for sex slavery and torturing legal American citizens has been going on for decades.

Yes, clearly the judges are in the wrong, not thinking about U.S. citizens and ruling against Trump for partisan purposes.  But, who is going to stop them?

The only thing that can stop a Federal Judge is another Federal Judge.

Offline berdie

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 08:23:12 pm »
I'll be surprised if any new announcement will make a difference.  Don't get me wrong...I want it to...but will be surprised.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 08:42:39 pm »
I'm hoping that it has something to do with that story from a week or so ago about him invoking the Insurrection Act.

Online rustynail

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 12:09:55 am »
Statement from the President Regarding Emergency Measures to Address the Border Crisis
Mexican Tariffs:
5% effective June 10th
10% effective July 1st
15% effective August 1st
20% effective September 1st
25% effective October 1st, and continuing therein until Mexico takes action to stop the flow of Central American migrants.
https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject-statement-from-the-president-regarding-emergen-1835136435