Author Topic: Those who think Justin Amash is just seeking attention couldn’t be more wrong  (Read 204 times)

Offline corbe

Those who think Justin Amash is just seeking attention couldn’t be more wrong

by Jack Hunter

May 30, 2019 12:22 PM

After saying President Trump’s behavior during the Russian collusion investigation rose to the level of impeachment over a week ago, Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., made his first public appearance Tuesday night at a town hall in his district.

He got standing ovations. He also got criticized.

It was a major event that made national news precisely because, outside of social media, it was the first time anyone had really had the opportunity to either praise or condemn the libertarian Republican to his face.

After Amash called for Trump’s impeachment, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said the independent-minded congressman was just “looking for attention.” Many Republicans echoed the same sentiment. They still do.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/those-who-think-justin-amash-is-just-seeking-attention-couldnt-be-more-wrong
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The Examiner has a poll asking if people think the Republican backlash over Amash's commentaries on the Mueller report is justified.

As I write, it's 74 percent yes and 26 percent no.

Personally, Amash could run for the White House as the Surprise Party candidate and I'd probably vote for him.

Justin Amash Unbowed by Torrent of Abuse From MAGAville

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.