Author Topic: DOJ watchdog: Former FBI official illegally leaked court docs, disclosed 'sensitive' information and  (Read 651 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
DOJ watchdog: Former FBI official illegally leaked court docs, disclosed 'sensitive' information and took gift from media

The Justice Department's internal watchdog announced in an investigative summary released Wednesday that an unnamed former FBI deputy assistant director engaged in "misconduct," including leaking "sensitive" information to the media, violating federal law by disclosing sealed court records and taking a gift from someone in the media.

Nevertheless, the inspector general (IG) indicated, without explanation, that "prosecution of the DAD [deputy assistant director] was declined." The investigation's findings will be referred to the FBI for potential further action, the IG said...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-watchdog-finds-fmr-fbi-deputy-assistant-director-leaked-sensitive-information-took-gift-from-media-but-declines-prosecution
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
"prosecution of the DAD [deputy assistant director] was declined."

Get used to those words people. You are going to be hearing them a lot I fear.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

@Bigun

I sure hope this doesn't become SOP. My hope is that this DAD flipped on a bunch of other criminals.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
U.S. Attorney for DC: Jessie K Liu

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
U.S. Attorney for DC: Jessie K Liu

You are reading my mind again! The fix is in and has been from day one.  This great experiment in self-government is on its deathbed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:13:08 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If I can read the words 'Federal pension and benefits are eliminated' I could accept.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If I can read the words 'Federal pension and benefits are eliminated' I could accept.

You dream sir.  Sorry to break it to you but it ain't gonna happen.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
You are reading my mind again! The fix is in and has been from day one.  This great experiment in self-government is on its deathbed.

I'm still willing to give AG Barr some more time...  he is well aware of this problem (thanks to Jim Jordan and some others) and has begun to take some action; he needs to finish this aspect of the job (soon!).

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm still willing to give AG Barr some more time...  he is well aware of this problem (thanks to Jim Jordan and some others) and has begun to take some action; he needs to finish this aspect of the job (soon!).

I pray you are right and that he is successful but I greatly fear it won't happen.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Barr will be just as effective as the president eliminating Brennan's security clearance.  Just no justice in Washington.  NONE!

How does an avowed communist get security clearance?  This is no longer the USA!  Our sovereignty went up in smoke with the community organizer!