Author Topic: Trump Jr. blasts reported Roy Moore Senate bid: 'It's time to ride off into the sunset'  (Read 10335 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@EdJames

Kinda this:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I put the measured (salted) butter in the freezer just as I start, and I suspect I am using more vanilla. and the only trick I have is that I want a deeper tone, so I put a tiny bit of blackstrap molasses in it once the cream and butter calm down, but while it is still hot...

I mean I take a regular table spoon, dunk it in the room temp molasses before I start, and let it drip back into the bottle the whole time till there is just a skiff of it left on the spoon... whatever will not fall off... Then I drag that through the caramel till the most of it comes off... That gave me that deep tone I wanted. 

I had one heck of a time not getting toffee at the end, my old way, but this stays nice and soft.

A nice hunk of brownie, scatter some finely chopped walnuts on top (pecans are better if you have em), drizzle liberally with the caramel sauce, and finish with a very light dust of sea salt.

It is perfection.

@roamer_1

Thank you kindly, sir!

Video opened in a new tab and your notes copied into a recipe text file!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@roamer_1

Thank you kindly, sir!

Video opened in a new tab and your notes copied into a recipe text file!!

Let us know how it turns out!

Offline roamer_1

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mo Brooks and others are as Southern as anyone including Moore. We just hear about Moore more, publicity seeker? I don't know but he somewhat stopped campaigning last time as well.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, sorry to crash the party on exclusivity, nobody needs the South's heritage of slavery or lynching, Romer1 doesn't need to lecture us on religion or the south, he abandoned the unborn.  Enough, of this one way drama here at the expense of others. It took real bravery to fight against a side that had this evil on its side, that being slavery. Slavery has nothing to do with being a good Christian, don't bully your bankrupt morals into this thread.
Read your Bible, boy, and you will find out the South didn't invent slavery, Learn your history, and you can pack your Yankee sanctimony away for the tourists. You act as if the North never had slaves or never traded in them. You act as if the North never hanged a man who didn't deserve it, yet they invaded and burned a whole region in the name of "unity" and stole much of what wasn't nailed down, and some of what was (See:Carpetbaggers).
Spare me.
It's a long fall from a high horse, so maybe you'd better get down.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
"With malice toward none, and with charity for all."

Abraham Lincoln
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Read your Bible, boy, and you will find out the South didn't invent slavery, Learn your history, and you can pack your Yankee sanctimony away for the tourists. You act as if the North never had slaves or never traded in them. You act as if the North never hanged a man who didn't deserve it, yet they invaded and burned a whole region in the name of "unity" and stole much of what wasn't nailed down, and some of what was (See:Carpetbaggers).
Spare me.
It's a long fall from a high horse, so maybe you'd better get down.

@Smokin Joe 's bitter screed reminds me that Southerners have always had an uneasy relationship with the Republican Party.  The GOP is unashamedly the Party of Lincoln, which indeed fought a war to unify a nation and, in the process, cleanse it of the moral stain of slavery.   It is the GOP that passed the 14th amendment that added the Constitution's guarantee of the law's equal protection.   It is, in that sense, the party of the North, and the Democrats the historic apologists for the slavers' lost cause.   It was Nixon who changed that, and turned the GOP into a party that could attract Southerners.   Today, of course,  it is dominated by them, and it is Republicans like me that are in the eclipse.   

I don't have rose colored glasses;  the GOP and the North created with Reconstruction and the failure to carry through with it the conditions which spawned lynching and the reaction of Jim Crow.    It was Southerners who insisted on Jim Crow,  and the North was too spineless to resist it.   But,  again,  the defining mission of the GOP as set out by Lincoln itself was reconciliation,  and it would take a century to understand that acquiescing to southern whites' bitterness would lead to today's identity politics by creating a wound that could never heal.   
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 01:22:41 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline EdJames

Let us know how it turns out!

I will, but it won't be soon....  I pretty much reserve desserts (aside from fruit) for special occasions...  maybe Independence Day!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I will, but it won't be soon....  I pretty much reserve desserts (aside from fruit) for special occasions...  maybe Independence Day!

Same here.  I was trying to live vicariously through you.   :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe 's bitter screed reminds me that Southerners have always had an uneasy relationship with the Republican Party.  The GOP is unashamedly the Party of Lincoln, which indeed fought a war to unify a nation and, in the process, cleanse it of the moral stain of slavery.   It is the GOP that passed the 14th amendment that added the Constitution's guarantee of the law's equal protection.   It is, in that sense, the party of the North, and the Democrats the historic apologists for the slavers' lost cause.   It was Nixon who changed that, and turned the GOP into a party that could attract Southerners.   Today, of course,  it is dominated by them, and it is Republicans like me that are in the eclipse.   

I don't have rose colored glasses;  the GOP and the North created with Reconstruction and the failure to carry through with it the conditions which spawned lynching and the reaction of Jim Crow.    It was Southerners who insisted on Jim Crow,  and the North was too spineless to resist it.   But,  again,  the defining mission of the GOP as set out by Lincoln itself was reconciliation,  and it would take a century to understand that acquiescing to southern whites' bitterness would lead to today's identity politics by creating a wound that could never heal.
How conveniently you leave out the Northerners' slaves ( Newport, Rhode Island, was one of the busiest ports of the slave trade), and the actions of their Generals, hanging civilians in the South (George Armstrong Custer was one of the worst).
I suppose you are going to tell me the North never had 'those people' come and go by the 'servant's entrance', wait on a different bench and drink from different water fountains--in Washington DC, even (don't bother, I saw it). As I said, spare me your sanctimony.
When the South no longer gave the consent of the governed, a requirement for 'just power', the North invaded and imposed it, murdering and burning along the way. The aftermath was often overseen by Yankees or their appointees, or the slim pickings offered in sham elections supervised by the occupiers. The post bellum problems are a result of those policies, and not native to the South, but imposed by a conqueror, not a 'reunifier'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

Same here.  I was trying to live vicariously through you.   :laugh:

:laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How conveniently you leave out the Northerners' slaves ( Newport, Rhode Island, was one of the busiest ports of the slave trade), and the actions of their Generals, hanging civilians in the South (George Armstrong Custer was one of the worst).
I suppose you are going to tell me the North never had 'those people' come and go by the 'servant's entrance', wait on a different bench and drink from different water fountains--in Washington DC, even (don't bother, I saw it). As I said, spare me your sanctimony.
When the South no longer gave the consent of the governed, a requirement for 'just power', the North invaded and imposed it, murdering and burning along the way. The aftermath was often overseen by Yankees or their appointees, or the slim pickings offered in sham elections supervised by the occupiers. The post bellum problems are a result of those policies, and not native to the South, but imposed by a conqueror, not a 'reunifier'.

@Smokin Joe

@Jazzhead 's ignorance is only exceeded by his insistence on continually proving it.  Which is why I don't see his posts unless someone quotes him as you did above.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

https://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4956&context=etd

Slavery, emancipation and Black freedom in RhodeIsland, 1652-1842

http://slavenorth.com/rhodeisland.htm

Sorry, slavery ended in Rhode Island well before the war.  Looks like slave ships stopped going to Rhode Island a long time before the war but who cares about the truth.

If you are talking about "murdering", then ask those people in Kansas about raids. There's going to be enough to go all around.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:57:56 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Nor, should we forget, the massacres of slaves by the Confederacy, Bedford Forest and others.

On April 16, 1864, the New York Times reported that rebel forces under the command of General Nathan Bedford Forrest, after twice using a “flag of truce” to maneuver prior to attack, overwhelmed defenders. After taking the fort, “the Confederates commenced an indiscriminate butchery of the whites and blacks, including those of both colors who had been previously wounded.” Black women and children in the fort were also slaughtered. “Out of the garrison of six hundred, only two hundred remained alive.” In the same issue, the Times published an account of events from a “correspondent of the Union, who was on board the steamer Platte Valley at Fort Pillow.” This correspondent “gives even a more appalling description of the fiendishness of the rebels.”

“On the morning after the battle the rebels went over the field, and shot the negroes who had not died from their wounds . . . . Many of those who had escaped from the works and hospital, who desired to be treated as prisoners of war, as the rebels said, were ordered to fall into line, and when they had formed, were inhumanly shot down. Of 350 colored troops not more than 56 escaped the massacre, and not one officer that commanded them survives.”

The Black soldiers who were butchered in cold blood by the Confederate troops were regularly enlisted in the Union army, were in full uniform, and were defending the United States flag.

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/168687

Offline Smokin Joe

https://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4956&context=etd

Slavery, emancipation and Black freedom in RhodeIsland, 1652-1842

http://slavenorth.com/rhodeisland.htm

Sorry, slavery ended in Rhode Island well before the war.

If you are talking about "murdering", then ask those people in Kansas about raids. There's going to be enough to go all around.
That didn't stop ships sailing from there from being involved in the trade.
We ship weapons we can't individually own all over the world, for example. They're banned here, but go elsewhere.
How many blacks do you think were lynched in Montana? I notice some core Yankee states didn't bother to report....

And yes, I am talking about General George Armstrong Custer ordering the execution of southern men who were noncombatants in the Carolinas. Farms were stripped bare, livestock "conscripted" (stolen) or butchered, without compensation, men killed and widows and orphans left to starve, their houses, barns, and mills burned. 

Don't be so self-righteous. History books always whitewash the victors and demonize the vanquished. It's the way of the world.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

Poll: Mo Brooks Will Crush Roy Moore In 2020 Alabama State Primary
2:56 PM 03/14/2019 | Politics
Phillip Stucky | Contributor

The conservative action group Club for Growth released a poll Thursday that revealed Rep. Mo Brooks could demolish Roy Moore in the 2020 Alabama Senate primary.

Republican Rep. Mo Brooks earned 52-percent support, compared to Moore who only earned 32 percent. An additional 16 percent remained undecided in the poll.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/14/moore-trails-brooks/

There you go, this is from March but Brooks might trounce Moore anyway, making this point academic.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good grief, are you serious?  Another stupid Roy Moore thread devolving into refighting the war between the states and "proving" how evil southerners were?

I was trying to figure out why this thread generated so many comments, and now I get it.  Roy Moore, imperfect though he may be, is seen as a symbol of the common man, the common Southern man.  Those who despise the common man and particularly despise the southern part are anti-Moore.  Those who see him as a wronged symbol of common southern men, see him as another victim of the elitists.  That's not very well worded, but I think I captured the essence.

Offline TomSea

Good grief, are you serious?  Another stupid Roy Moore thread devolving into refighting the war between the states and "proving" how evil southerners were?

I was trying to figure out why this thread generated so many comments, and now I get it.  Roy Moore, imperfect though he may be, is seen as a symbol of the common man, the common Southern man.  Those who despise the common man and particularly despise the southern part are anti-Moore.  Those who see him as a wronged symbol of common southern men, see him as another victim of the elitists.  That's not very well worded, but I think I captured the essence.

No, there are others in this race, why is not Mo Brooks seen as the quintessential Southern Man???

Others run with Roy Moore in this manner.  He has no monopoly on this. And Mo Brooks may well trounce Roy Moore in primaries.  Moore had his shot, he had his time, Brooks deserves to be spoken up for as well.

Oh, yes, anti-Trumpers should set the tempo, even though Trump won the deep red states of the South in general big time.

They speak up for Moore but some or all were anti-Trump, don't like the turn-of-events, sorry.  Sure, they have a right to speak. So do others.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 04:21:38 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

You did just fine, imho.  :beer:

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No, there are others in this race, why is not Mo Brooks seen as the quintessential Southern Man???

Others run with Roy Moore in this manner.  He has no monopoly on this. And Mo Brooks may well trounce Roy Moore in primaries.  Moore had his shot, he had his time, Brooks deserves to be spoken up for as well.

Oh, yes, anti-Trumpers should set the tempo, even though Trump won the deep red states of the South in general big time.

They speak up for Moore but some or all were anti-Trump, don't like the turn-of-events, sorry.  Sure, they have a right to speak. So do others.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline Smokin Joe

What I didn't and still don't like are the smear tactics, astroturf campaigns and lies used to hurt Moore's chances last time. Put any candidate up against a couple of professionally run $100,000 dollar social media bombardments, and it's going to hurt, especially with the MSM chiming in with 11th hour smears above the fold, the GLBTs up in arms (Because Moore wouldn't DEFY THE ALABAMA CONSTITUTION--which it was his sworn duty to uphold) and issue same sex marriage licenses, not to mention the Country Club in the D.C. Swamp abandoning the candidate quicker than a cat who sat in kerosene.
Your much vaunted GOP threw Moore to the wolves, and were happy to do so, because he wasn't the guy they wanted.
No one is denying anyone the opportunity to speak, except those calling for Moore to shut up and bow out.

It's up to Alabamans, anyway, and I hope they choose the person who best represents their values.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 04:35:43 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Don't be so self-righteous. History books always whitewash the victors and demonize the vanquished. It's the way of the world.

Who do you consider the vanquished?   Southern whites?   The ones who formed the Klan, imposed Jim Crow, and sowed the Strange Fruit?   My apologies for daring to "demonize" such saintly behavior.   

Offline Smokin Joe

Who do you consider the vanquished?   Southern whites?   The ones who formed the Klan, imposed Jim Crow, and sowed the Strange Fruit?   My apologies for daring to "demonize" such saintly behavior.   
Read my comments on Jim Crow above. You act as if it was just a southern phenomenon, and I assure you it was not. I make no excuses for the Klan, except to say they were not as endemic as you seem to think.

You still act as if the people who looted and burned their way through the South, and then stole a bunch of it for 'back taxes' were righteous. 

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

For all we know, Trump Jr. might have made his statements on behalf of some interested parties of Alabama.

This other is just divisive. These others speak for the South which voted overwhelmingly for Trump in the primaries and general election but now, all of a sudden, anti-Trumpers define what the South is and are free to ignore this other.  It's ludicrous. They asked for it, this should not be just set aside.

And I'm sorry furthermore, Senator Jeff Sessions is known to have prosecuted and convicted those white supremacists, Klan, whatever they are, they are part of the equation. I guess, it's more like a Roy Moore fan club but he might get defeated well in the coming primary race.

Offline Smokin Joe

For all we know, Trump Jr. might have made his statements on behalf of some interested parties of Alabama.

This other is just divisive. These others speak for the South which voted overwhelmingly for Trump in the primaries and general election but now, all of a sudden, anti-Trumpers define what the South is and are free to ignore this other.  It's ludicrous. They asked for it, this should not be just set aside.

And I'm sorry furthermore, Senator Jeff Sessions is known to have prosecuted and convicted those white supremacists, Klan, whatever they are, they are part of the equation. I guess, it's more like a Roy Moore fan club but he might get defeated well in the coming primary race.
So who made JUNIOR lord and master over the fiefdom of Alabama?

He really has nothing to offer but an opinion. Meh.

C S Lewis