Author Topic: Trump Jr. blasts reported Roy Moore Senate bid: 'It's time to ride off into the sunset'  (Read 10345 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Can someone please explain how nominating a candidate, who is likely the ONLY Republican candidate who is certain to LOSE this critically important Alabama Senate seat, advances conservatism?

The truth is, losing advances nothing AND Roy Moore is...again...far from the only solid Conservative in Alabama who can fill this seat. The proviso of the great Buckley is to choose the most conservative candidate who can win, not the most conservative candidate who will lose...his assertion is a great expression of common sense. Those supporting Moore, have sadly left common sense in the mud...they seem quite content to lose a key Senate seat so they can proclaim their conservative purity to the world.

Dumb. Just plain dumb.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Can someone please explain how nominating a candidate, who is likely the ONLY Republican candidate who is certain to LOSE this critically important Alabama Senate seat, advances conservatism?

The truth is, losing advances nothing AND Roy Moore is...again...far from the only solid Conservative in Alabama who can fill this seat. The proviso of the great Buckley is to choose the most conservative candidate who can win, not the most conservative candidate who will lose...his assertion is a great expression of common sense. Those supporting Moore, have sadly left common sense in the mud...they seem quite content to lose a key Senate seat so they can proclaim their conservative purity to the world.

Dumb. Just plain dumb.

QFT.    Sometimes I get the impression that conservatives prefer to be back-benchers, able to revel in their purity and perfectly content to not get their hands dirty with the business of governance.

It's not easy to advance conservative priorities in this divided nation.   But there's one area where conservatives have been winning big - the unprecedented ability of this President and Senate to confirm conservative judges.    And in 2020 the GOP will be in a position similar to what the Dems were in in 2018 - most Senators facing election next year will be Republican incumbents.   That means that flipping Alabama back to the GOP side may have profound ramifications,  and Doug Jones' re-election could mean the tide of conservative judges will grind to a halt.   

That's why who the Alabama GOP nominates is of importance to far more than the Republicans of Alabama.   Roy Moore is the stupidest choice possible,  and I trust that Alabamans will be able to resist the urge to romance this fool again.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

I didn’t like the way they went after Moore in their standard, coordinated, media smear campaign, right out of the democrats’ playbook, and I defended him then.

Unfortunately, Roy Moore is no Donald Trump and didn’t have Trump’s pugnacious abilities to fend off his opponents attacks and Moore lost. His reputation and the perception that he can win was severely damaged. A damaged candidate is not a good bet on which to risk the farm.

So for the good of the senate republican majority he should not seek the nomination.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The man's a fool.  Why would I fear him?    Why not nominate a conservative who can defeat Doug Jones?    No,  you'd rather pound your chest and "stick it" to folks like me. 

Don't be an idiot.   

@Bigun

Damn, you Earl!   Now I'm getting pissed.

Here's a guy saying you're an idiot, and all we get is crickets.

I called you a senile old bastard and you went and put me on 'Ignore'.

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

I didn’t like the way they went after Moore in their standard, coordinated, media smear campaign, right out of the democrats’ playbook, and I defended him then.

Unfortunately, Roy Moore is no Donald Trump and didn’t have Trump’s pugnacious abilities to fend off his opponents attacks and Moore lost. His reputation and the perception that he can win was severely damaged. A damaged candidate is not a good bet on which to risk the farm.

So for the good of the senate republican majority he should not seek the nomination.

Beautifully stated.

Like I said.   Human Frag Grenade.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Dumb. Just plain dumb.

Naw....it must be something in that Big Sky Montana air.

Sleeping too close to the barn animals or the like.

Offline berdie

The bottom line here, to me, is if the people of Alabama want to vote for Moore. It is their prerogative.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
The bottom line here, to me, is if the people of Alabama want to vote for Moore. It is their prerogative.

Exactly, and prior to that, it will be solely up to the Republican primary voters in Alabama to choose the nominee.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Have we not established that they don't?

If the Republican Party insists on putting forth the same candidate that just got rejected, does that not hurt the conservative cause?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline berdie

The conservative cause?

Well, help me out here about what the Pubs back @jmyrlefuller .  Collins, Murkouski, Romney? And in the past..McCain and others.

To me the bottom line is as I said...whoever the people in Alabama want. I wouldn't like Trump coming out and d*amning a senatorial candidate running in Texas.

Online corbe

That's why Cruz kissed his azz on that last budget vote (his first) and he almost lost to Beto.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

The conservative cause?

Well, help me out here about what the Pubs back @jmyrlefuller .  Collins, Murkouski, Romney? And in the past..McCain and others.

To me the bottom line is as I said...whoever the people in Alabama want. I wouldn't like Trump coming out and d*amning a senatorial candidate running in Texas.

...unless, that is, said candidate had his ass handed to him once already.   Because of self-inflicted wounds.

Come on, man.

As Rush says, we're in for the fight of our lives, our way of life.  Stop f**king around.

Offline berdie

Dang, @DCPatriot . Rush said f**king around? Who knew? I don't listen to his show, but that sounds more like Howard Stern, who I don't listen to either.

Lots of people have had their posteriors handed to them when running for office...multiple times. I can think of a few and I'm sure you can.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It has national ramifications, so, yes, by all means, vote your conscience, history also shows Moore has lost 3 statewide races.

Online DCPatriot

Dang, @DCPatriot . Rush said f**king around? Who knew? I don't listen to his show, but that sounds more like Howard Stern, who I don't listen to either.

Lots of people have had their posteriors handed to them when running for office...multiple times. I can think of a few and I'm sure you can.

LOL!   No, Rush didn't say that, I did.

And this isn't the House.  It's the Senate.

As Lyndon Johnson said about the two, "...difference between chicken sh*t and chicken salad"   :laugh:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If the Republican voters of Alabama choose Mr. Moore to be their candidate again, for better or worse, the national party had better offer some help this time.

But I'm not expecting that.

I sense that this time, enough Alabama voters who may have been ticked off by "last time" come out and make the difference.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Exactly, and prior to that, it will be solely up to the Republican primary voters in Alabama to choose the nominee.

I'm not going to patronize Alabama Republicans by stating the obvious,  but Alabama Republicans do have the choice whether to act selfishly.   Seeking vindication for the Dems' hardball tactics Is a selfish motivation, and so is wanting to stick it in the eye of mainstream Republicans who view Moore as a caricature, or who recognize full well that Moore provides Jones with his weakest opponent at a time when the NATION needs the Senate to stay GOP.   

There's a thin line that separates rebelliousness  and self-martyrdom.    I think Alabama Republicans are smart enough to recognize that Moore is on the wrong side of that line. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:21:25 am by Jazzhead »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not going to patronize Alabama Republicans by stating the obvious,  but Alabama Republicans do have the choice whether to act selfishly.   Seeking vindication for the Dems' hardball tactics Is a selfish motivation, and so is wanting to stick it in the eye of mainstream Republicans who view Moore as a caricature, or who recognize full well that Moore provides Jones with his weakest opponent at a time when the NATION needs the Senate to stay GOP.   

There's a thin line that separates rebelliousness  and self-martyrdom.    I think Alabama Republicans are smart enough to recognize that Moore is on the wrong side of that line.
If Alabama Republicans do not serve the interests of Alabama Republicans, it is patently obvious that NO ONE ELSE WILL.

The Democrats won't.
The national GOP has failed to do so.

They are all off serving their own 'selfish' self-interests.

If Alabamans want a voice, it is up to Alabamans.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

If Alabamans want a voice, it is up to Alabamans.
Of course.   But that doesn't mean they have to make the same mistake twice.   Just how does Doug Jones provide a voice for Alabama Republicans or conservatives?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of course.   But that doesn't mean they have to make the same mistake twice.   Just how does Doug Jones provide a voice for Alabama Republicans or conservatives?

The ONLY mistake they made previously was in allowing the GOPe hucksters and their media accomplices to railroad them into abandoning a fine man at the 11th hour.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The ONLY mistake they made previously was in allowing the GOPe hucksters and their media accomplices to railroad them into abandoning a fine man at the 11th hour.

Exactly!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's a false choice,  notwithstanding your slander of the Senate majority leader,  who is doing more to advance conservative principles than anyone else in Washington, including the President.    You are suggesting there are no good conservatives in Alabama other than proven loser and accused bigot and pedophile Moore.    That's a sad reflection on the state of Alabama.   

Mitch McConnell is only “conservative” in an election year. Same way McCain used to pretend to be a “Conservative” every six years in Arizona.

He did more to advance Obama’s policies than any Democrat. Not to mention his lies about Obamacare.

He’s no more Conservative or interested in Conservative principals than you are.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
He’s no more Conservative or interested in Conservative principals than you are.

What I'm interested in is conservative policies, and conservative judges.   This bullshit about "conservative principals" and six bits will get you a cup of coffee.   Go on and nominate Roy Moore and see him get trounced in one of the most conservative states in the nation.   Sure, you've stuck to your "principles".   But you get Doug Jones as Senator,  and how does that advance the cause of conservatism?

I'll say the same thing to you as I did to Bigun - don't be an idiot.   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I said it back when, and wayyy up this thread:  It's up to Alabamans.

It's the height of arrogance to assume I, as a Desert Southwesterner, or a Northeasterner like @Jazzhead can pick their candidates for them.  Contrary to posts I've read, a Senator is one of two Senators of his/her State, not a Senator of the Nation.

It's up to the GOP of Alabama.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

I said it back when, and wayyy up this thread:  It's up to Alabamans.

It's the height of arrogance to assume I, as a Desert Southwesterner, or a Northeasterner like @Jazzhead can pick their candidates for them.  Contrary to posts I've read, a Senator is one of two Senators of his/her State, not a Senator of the Nation.

It's up to the GOP of Alabama.

So when the people of Kentucky nominates Mitch are you going to respect their decision as well?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org