Author Topic: The Cause Worth Dying For  (Read 6368 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Cause Worth Dying For
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 11:40:11 pm »

Thank you for posting that!  It has been on my mind since yesterday afternoon...

@Bigun

You are very welcome!  Let's hope it is widely read.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 12:03:25 am »
You may be right. I was originally going to discuss how society has been indoctrinated into the belief that we are the beneficiaries of slavery and genocide, and how much that has affected our perceptions of those who fought in the early wars.  It obviously also affects the level of patriotism people feel and whether they think the country is worth fighting for.

Sadly more and more people are being indoctrinated into the belief that this country is not worth fighting for and that patriotism is somehow...a bad thing.

I fear that if something doesn't turn around in the very being of our country that it won't be long until calling someone a patriot will be akin to calling someone a racist. Ilhan Omar has certainly insinuated as much when she disparaged the soldiers who fought in Somalia.

I jsut hope we as a country can turn around this ugly belief about the land in which we live...before it's not jsut the Revolutionary and Civil war monuments the SJW's want to tear down.

Your's was an excellent piece my friend.  And we will honor them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 12:09:51 am »
1. During WWII 16 million Americans served in uniform, or about ten percent of the population.

Today fewer than one percent serve in uniform.

2. Eisenhower's final speech draft in 1961 was to have warned about the military-industrial-congressionaal complex.

3. From Korea forward we have yet to wage all out war to win.

4 Vietnam may have NOT been in vai, ince it was one of several theaters in the Cold War, overall.

5. What we owe our military people,, is to never use half measures again.

"One percent of Americans are touched by this war. Then there is a much smaller club of families who have given all." ~ LTG John F. Kelly

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 12:17:49 am »
I wish I could say I disagree with this, but I do not.  Unfortunately, I don't believe individual freedom means much to people under 40 today, and ultimately they are the ones who will decide the future of the country.  From what I can tell, most of them would prefer to live in Norway.

In 2005 when my oldest son graduated from HS, he and four others on his wrestling team all joined the Navy. Now currently my youngest son has several friends in the military. And none of them prefer to live anywhere than in the Good Ole U.S. of A. My youngest didn't go military, he chose Cyber Security.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 12:18:31 am »
Why have they been so effective?

Why have we as a citizenry been so "blind" to the presence and actions of these enemies?

@EdJames

A couple of wise men once said:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

We've been blind because while we were busy leading our lives trying to do for our families the best we could...there's been a cancer developing from within with names like "inclusion"..."social justice"..."political correctness"..."speech codes"...and on and on and on...it's eating away at the very fiber of what has made this country great...by indoctrinating generations into believing that everything good about Americans as a people and America as a country is somehow bad and wrong.  At first it was easy to laugh off by most because this kind of foolishness was viewed as just a handful of crackpots looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

But to borrow from an old Reagan campaign ad:

There is a Bear in the woods
For some people the Bear is easy to see
Others don't see it at all

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2019, 12:44:41 am »
As I have gotten older and a little more cynical,I have came to the conclusion there are a lot more causes worth killing for than there are dying for.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2019, 06:27:56 pm »
@EdJames

We've been blind because while we were busy leading our lives trying to do for our families the best we could...there's been a cancer developing from within with names like "inclusion"..."social justice"..."political correctness"..."speech codes"...and on and on and on...it's eating away at the very fiber of what has made this country great...by indoctrinating generations into believing that everything good about Americans as a people and America as a country is somehow bad and wrong.  At first it was easy to laugh off by most because this kind of foolishness was viewed as just a handful of crackpots looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

But to borrow from an old Reagan campaign ad:

There is a Bear in the woods
For some people the Bear is easy to see
Others don't see it at all

@txradioguy

Absolutely!  I completely understand (though I don't completely let us, including myself, off the hook for not paying attention) that the business of Life has distracted us... and a lot of the distractions are purposefully in place...

But my question was more about the "authorities" that are charged with protecting the nation from the DOMESTIC enemies....  they certainly have seemed to be giving these ENEMIES a pass for quite some time....    :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 09:54:49 pm »

But my question was more about the "authorities" that are charged with protecting the nation from the DOMESTIC enemies....  they certainly have seemed to be giving these ENEMIES a pass for quite some time....    :shrug:

@EdJames I think you already know the answer to that one.  They don't view the enemy as a true enemy.  They look at them as fellow travelers.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2019, 06:24:03 pm »
Letters of Marque as in the Constitution could come in handy sometimes? And a big question mark with that but it is in the constitution.

https://panampost.com/jose-azel/2019/06/03/united-states-why-not-mercenaries/

See clause 11 here:

http://www.americanusconstitution.com/article1section8.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 06:25:48 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2019, 06:54:36 pm »
In my generation 58,000 young males died in Vietnam. Many drafted, but most enlisted.

In my family since 9-11-2001 only two females enliisted in the military--no males.

The continuous buzz these days is heroin "accidental overdoes" death.

Marriages seem surprisingly rare.

Growing up in America is Not like it once was.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2019, 07:26:21 pm »
In my generation 58,000 young males died in Vietnam. Many drafted, but most enlisted.

In my family since 9-11-2001 only two females enliisted in the military--no males.

The continuous buzz these days is heroin "accidental overdoes" death.

Marriages seem surprisingly rare.

Growing up in America is Not like it once was.

Liberal policies that have continued since 1964 have worked to erode the very fiber of family life in America and has succeeded in destroying it for many. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.