Author Topic: Trump’s Hostile Takeover of ‘Very Liberal’ Ninth Circuit Is Almost Accomplished..Eleanor Clift  (Read 386 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s Hostile Takeover of ‘Very Liberal’ Ninth Circuit Is Almost Accomplished

The president who thinks judges play for a political team wants as many as possible on his team, along with the Senate Republicans racing to give them lifetime appointments.
Eleanor Clift
05.21.198:35 PM ET

Young, mostly male, and overwhelmingly white judges appointed by President Trump are on the cusp of remaking the once reliably liberal Ninth Circuit of the Court of Appeals, the nation’s highest court below the Supreme Court.

The “very, very liberal circuit,” as then Attorney General Jeff Sessions once put it, covers the American West, including California as well as Alaska and Hawaii. Trump himself has called it “totally out of control,” a “big thorn in our side,” a “complete and total disaster,” and a “disgrace.” At one point, he said, “It would be great if the 9th Circuit was indeed an ‘independent judiciary’”—his scary scare quotes. 

Now the Senate has been racing to give lifetime seats on its bench to Trump judges whose pro-business jurisprudence and regressive social views are out of step with much of the country, including Democrats and younger Americans.

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-hostile-takeover-of-very-liberal-ninth-circuit-is-almost-accomplished?ref=scroll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Now the Senate has been racing to give lifetime seats on its bench to Trump judges whose pro-business jurisprudence and regressive social views are out of step with much of the country, including Democrats and younger Americans.

Who says there is never any good news?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hey, Eleanor "Let me finish!" Clift ..... the POTUS is doing what we hired him to do.

If you're gonna be pissed off, be pissed off with US!   88devil

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've always found Clift's tears delicious.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hey, Eleanor "Let me finish!" Clift ..... the POTUS is doing what we hired him to do.

If you're gonna be pissed off, be pissed off with US!   88devil

I am Spartacus!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
My, my, my.
Ms. Clift sounds jes' a little hysterical, does she not...?