Author Topic: UK PM Theresa May announces resignation amid fury over Brexit handling  (Read 431 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

UK PM Theresa May announces resignation amid fury over Brexit handling
Fox News, May 24, 2019

British Prime Minister Theresa May announced Friday that she will resign -- ending her months-long struggle to keep her job despite seething anger from her own Conservative Party over her handling of Brexit.

"I believe it was right to persevere even when the odds against success seemed high. But it is now clear to me that it is in the best interests of the country for a new prime minister to lead that effort," she said outside 10 Downing Street.

Her voice breaking with emotion, she said she is leaving "with no ill will, but with enormous and enduring gratitude to have had the opportunity to serve the country I love."

May spoke outside 10 Downing Street after a meeting with Graham Brady, the head of the 1922 Committee of Conservative Party backbenchers. She said she will step down on June 7. Her resignation will trigger a party leadership contest, and whoever wins that contest will take over as prime minister.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-pm-theresa-may-announces-resignation-amid-fury-over-brexit-handling

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I like Nigel Farage for the job....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist