Author Topic: TYT's Ana Kasparian: "The View" Shows How Media Rewards Nonsense Arguments And Salacious Drama Over  (Read 286 times)

rangerrebew

TYT's Ana Kasparian: "The View" Shows How Media Rewards Nonsense Arguments And Salacious Drama Over Facts
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date May 23, 2019

Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, hosts of "The Young Turks," chew over a piece from New York Times Magazine calling ABC's "The View" the "most important political TV show in America."

"We're talking about 'The View,' where on a regular basis, not only we dunk on them, but the whole country dunks on them because they have absolutely no knowledge," Kasparian said. "And when I say they, I'm mostly talking about Abby Huntsman and obviously Meghan McCain and their insanely superficial discussions about politics, which it appears they never prepare for and just read talking points that are written on blue cards for them -- and then somehow that's the most important political talk show in America."

"On the other hand, I love that Joy Behar is on that show," Cenk Uygur added. "She's probably the single most progressive person on television... And Sunny's great... Look, are there a lot of shows on TV where you have two pundits who are great? Not a lot... And it's not just because we're progressives and we like Joy and Sunny and we don't like Meghan and Abby Huntsman because they're on the right. It matters if you know the material. It matters if you have the right facts."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/23/tyts_ana_kasparian_the_view_shows_how_media_rewards_nonsense_arguments_and_salacious_drama.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Predictable.  In upside down world.

BTW - anyone who doesn't know the genesis of the phrase "young turks" ought to look it up.  It's fairly chilling.