Author Topic: Texas bartender charged for serving killer before deadly shooting spree  (Read 583 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Texas bartender charged for serving killer before deadly shooting spree
By Brian Pascus
May 7, 2019 / 11:39 AM / CBS New

A Texas bartender who served a man who later went on a deadly shooting spree in September 2017 was arrested and charged last week by authorities in Texas. Lindsey Glass, 27, was charged with violating Texas law when she served Spencer Hight enough drinks that his blood alcohol level was four times the state's legal limit. Hight  then drove to his ex-wife's house in Plano, Texas, and shot and killed eight people.

Glass was arrested on April 30. In 2018, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission concluded in a report that Glass violated Texas law, arguing a person is guilty of violating the "Sale of Certain Persons" offense if he or she negligently "sells an alcoholic beverage to an habitual drunkard or an intoxicated or insane person." The crime is a misdemeanor that carries a year in jail or a $500 fine, or both. 

snip

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lindsey-glass-plano-texas-bartender-who-served-spencer-hight-mass-shooter-arrested/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:17:16 pm by Mod5 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Glenn Beck had her attorney on last week.  If things are as reported, this is baffling. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Glenn Beck had her attorney on last week.  If things are as reported, this is baffling.

Bartender: "I can't serve you more" "Can I get you a ride home?"

Drinker: "No problem, I will drive myseelf to another barr."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline verga

She served him 4 drinks over the course of 6 hours. She tried to stop him from leaving, went after him. found the house he was at, notified a police officer, called 911. She went above and beyond, did everything except try to tackle him.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

She served him 4 drinks over the course of 6 hours. She tried to stop him from leaving, went after him. found the house he was at, notified a police officer, called 911. She went above and beyond, did everything except try to tackle him.

4 drinks in 6 hours will not leave them 4 times the legal limit.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline dfwgator

Bartender: "I can't serve you more" "Can I get you a ride home?"

Drinker: "No problem, I will drive myseelf to another barr."

Well, show me the way
To the next whisky bar
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why
Show me the way
To the next whisky bar
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why
For if we don't find
The next whisky bar
I tell you we must die
I tell you we must die
I tell you, I tell you
I tell you we must die

Offline verga

4 drinks in 6 hours will not leave them 4 times the legal limit.
So that leaves 3 possibilities: 1) He was already pretty polluted when he got there.
2) He drank heavily between his two visits.
3) He drank heavily after he left the second time.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

So that leaves 3 possibilities: 1) He was already pretty polluted when he got there.
2) He drank heavily between his two visits.
3) He drank heavily after he left the second time.

Absolutely.  4 drinks even spaced over 6 hours would be a 0.00 BAC.  If he showed up drunk, he would leave more sober.  The numbers are wrong or there was no fault by the server.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Absolutely.  4 drinks even spaced over 6 hours would be a 0.00 BAC.  If he showed up drunk, he would leave more sober.  The numbers are wrong or there was no fault by the server.

Where did the "six hours" come from is my question.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline verga

Where did the "six hours" come from is my question.
According to the report I heard on Glenn Beck the customer was there for about 2 hours and had 2 drinks, left for 2 hours, and came back for about 2 more hours and had 2 more drinks. Given the average rate for the alcohol to leave your system he should not have had an BAC 4 times the legal limit.

Online corbe

In my 60+ years in Texas I've learned that there are two State Agencies you don't fu*k with, TABC (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission) and the Game Wardens.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Ok. So apparently Texas wants psychic bartenders?
How could the bartender possibly have any clue at all what this guys was going to do?

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
They are going to have to prove somehow that this bar was the primary cause.
They have to prove causality or negligence in some way.
The guy could have done this even if he was stone cold sober.
This is not something he just did out of nowhere.
Obviously he had been thinking about this for quite some time.

So now the idea is that if someone goes to any bar, whatever they do after that is the fault of the bartender?
This really makes no sense at all. I'm not really sure what the arrest is all about?
Is the bartender now a 'danger to society'?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.