Author Topic: Chelsea Manning ordered back to jail for defying grand jury subpoena  (Read 555 times)

Online corbe

Chelsea Manning ordered back to jail for defying grand jury subpoena

2 hrs ago

Former military intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning speaks to the press ahead of a Grand Jury appearance about WikiLeaks, in Alexandria, Va., May 16, 2019© Eric Baradat/AFP/Getty Images

Fresh off a 62-day incarceration for defying a grand jury subpoena, Chelsea Manning, the former U.S. Army intelligence analyst and anti-secrecy activist, was remanded again Thursday afternoon after a federal judge held her in contempt of court.

United States Marshals took Manning back into custody at the U.S. District Courthouse in Alexandria, Virginia, Thursday afternoon after she refused to cooperate, yet again, with a subpoena to testify before another secret federal grand jury.

Manning was set free last Thursday when the first grand jury’s term expired. Upon release, however, prosecutors hit her with a second subpoena to appear Thursday before a separate grand jury.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chelsea-manning-ordered-back-to-jail-for-defying-grand-jury-subpoena/ar-AABsAhs?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How on Earth did we let this nut into a U.S. Army uniform?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think he like 3 hots and a cot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I think he like 3 hots and a cot.
Beats working (not that he's qualified for any job, nor that any sane person would hire him).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org