General Category > Military/Defense News

Marine sergeant dies a few days after collapsing during a unit run in North Carolina

<< < (4/4)

240B:
Life/Death
War/Peace

That's just the way it is. That is just how it rolls out.
Rock and Roll Mutherf**kers, here we Go!

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on May 16, 2019, 11:59:58 am ---There was also a story about a couple of Navy recruits dying while on morning runs in boot camp.

Sounds to me like the US Navy and USMC need better medical screening programs to find existing/developing heart/heart-related problems. A Corpsman with a stethoscope just ain't going to cut it anymore.

--- End quote ---

Troops of all services, and NCAA athletes, have been dropping dead after physical exertion from unexpected/unknown medical problem for decades.  These two happen to hit the papers at about the same time, but it really isn't that uncommon.

Victoria33:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on May 17, 2019, 10:39:14 am ---I'm about to post an article which claims 71% of Americans are unfit to serve, so maybe recruiters and the medical corps are pushing the envelope a bit too hard. *hmmmm*

--- End quote ---
@rangerrebew

This is what I am thinking too - people these days, in their earlier life do not have enough exercise to develop strong hearts and circulatory systems.  It is more fun to sit with their computers than get outside and exercise/run, and besides that makes you sweat and then you need to take a shower so better to stay sitting with computer games.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Victoria33 on May 17, 2019, 02:44:04 pm ---@rangerrebew

--- Quote --- It is more fun to sit with their computers than get outside and exercise/run, and besides that makes you sweat and then you need to take a shower so better to stay sitting with computer games.
--- End quote ---

@Victoria33

That's one popular opinion,but it's not mine. I LOVED working outside and getting sweaty and tired. Made me feel like I had done something at the end of the day other than steal oxygen.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version