Author Topic: Orban: Not Far Right, Just Right. (Human Events)  (Read 287 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Orban: Not Far Right, Just Right. (Human Events)
« on: May 14, 2019, 03:34:20 pm »
Orban: Not Far Right, Just Right.
By Christopher Caldwell on May 13, 2019

No English-language newspaper reported on it at the time, nor has any cited it since, but the speech Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orbán made before an annual picnic for his party’s intellectual leaders in the late summer of 2015 is probably the most important by a Western statesman this century.

As Orbán spoke in the village of Kötcse, by Lake Balaton, hundreds of thousands of migrants from across the Muslim world, most of them young men, were marching northwestwards out of Asia Minor, across the Balkan countries and into the heart of Europe.

Merkel and her defenders had raised the subject of human rights, which until then had been sufficient to stifle misgivings.

Already, mobs of migrants had broken Hungarian police lines, trampled cropland, occupied town squares, shut down highways, stormed trains, and massed in front of Budapest’s Keleti train station. German chancellor Angela Merkel had invited those fleeing the Syrian civil war to seek refuge in Europe. They had been joined en route, in at least equal number, by migrants from Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. For Hungarians, this was playing with fire.

Read more at: https://humanevents.com/2019/05/13/orban-not-far-right-just-right/

The magazine, Human Events seems to be revamping itself, think, making themselves of a competitor of National Review and others and I think it's a good idea. I'd see the short magazine as a kid, not glossy but pretty straightforward.

And they are revising themselves, I think they have some so-called "Young Turks" who are going to try and pump it into a major conservative news outlet. Looks real good so far. Some of the upstarts were on Gorka's show.

All that flattery said, I hope they have enough "free articles" because it's clear, they wish to get investors and subscribers.