Author Topic: Patrick Shanahan: President Trump gave 'direct legal order' for military to secure border  (Read 394 times)

rangerrebew

Patrick Shanahan: President Trump gave 'direct legal order' for military to secure border

Published May 13, 2019
Fox News

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said in an exclusive “Fox & Friends” interview Monday that there is a "crisis" at the southern border and he will follow President Trump's "direct legal order" to provide security.

Shanahan, who will be nominated by President Trump to be defense secretary after serving since Jan. 1 in an interim capacity, was asked by Brian Kilmeade about critics who do not want Defense Department funds to be shifted to border security.

"We have a crisis at the border, a national emergency declared by the president," he responded. "The commander-in-chief has given me a direct legal order to secure the border. I'm securing the border."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/patrick-shanahan-president-trump-gave-direct-legal-order-for-military-to-secure-border

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"... about critics who do not want Defense Department funds to be shifted to border security."

Huh?
Wait a minute... what am I missing here???

"Defense department".
What is it there to "defend", if not our borders?

Will somebody please educate me?

Online libertybele

"... about critics who do not want Defense Department funds to be shifted to border security."

Huh?
Wait a minute... what am I missing here???

"Defense department".
What is it there to "defend", if not our borders?

Will somebody please educate me?

You're thinking like a sane person instead of a bat crap crazy liberal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

"The commander-in-chief has given me a direct legal order to secure the border. I'm securing the border."

Can't put it any better than that!

I love this guy.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home