Author Topic: Jill Biden once stuffed herself into Air Force Two’s overhead compartment  (Read 663 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jill Biden once stuffed herself into Air Force Two’s overhead compartment
NY Post, May 15, 2019

She’s Jill “The Jokester” Biden.

The wife of former Vice President-turned-presidential hopeful Joe Biden can’t resist a good gag — which once led to her cramming herself into the overhead bin on Air Force Two, The Hill reported Wednesday.

“The White House is a serious place, with serious people, doing serious work. If you’re not careful, it can grind you down,” Biden, a college English professor, wrote in her just-released memoir, “Where the Light Enters: Building a Family, Discovering Myself.”

She hatched the idea to pop out of the overhead compartment ahead of a scheduled flight to California during President Barack Obama’s first term.

“I had arrived at Joint Base Andrews early, coming straight from teaching my classes, and was the first one there. As I boarded Air Force Two, I looked around and had an idea,” she said. “The overhead bins were small, but I knew if I scrunched up enough, I could cram myself into one.”

Biden, now 67, climbed on a chair, stepped onto a table and pulled herself up into the bin with help from a naval aide, all while thinking, “Finally, my ballet barre classes were paying off.”

Then she waited.

“When the first person opened the bin to stow his roller bag, I popped halfway out and screamed, ‘Boo!’ — though it was hard to get it out through my laughter,” Biden recounted. “Still, my surprise had the intended effect: this poor soul let out a high-pitched shriek and stumbled backward into his seat, a look of utter shock on his face.”

More:  https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/jill-biden-once-stuffed-herself-into-air-force-twos-overhead-compartment/

Online Hoodat

Joe Biden's first free campaign ad.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
this poor soul let out a high-pitched shriek and stumbled backward

I think we know who the victim was.....

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Is that a new way of saying "hide in Motley's Crews tour bus"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!