Author Topic: "In the year 2525.........."  (Read 2110 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"In the year 2525.........."
« on: May 11, 2019, 07:44:59 pm »
Well,not quite that long,but I happened to be flirting with the cutest little redheaded baby I have ever seen in my life while eating at Hardee's this morning,and just a few minutes later someone I have known but haven't spoke with in a long time came in and told me he was back in town to attend a memorial service for someone we both knew who had lived to be 88.

This caused me to look at that baby again and ponder what the world would look like to her at age 25,age 50,and age 75.

When I look back at the changes that have been made since I was a kid and even stuff like television and automatic transmissions and power steering in cars was new,I can't even begin to guess. I remember being a 5 year old living in a major resort city on the east coast,and there was only ONE tv channel available,and it was in black and white,and quit broadcasting at midnight every night,including Saturday.

The only radio stations were AM,and most of the good ones couldn't even be picked up until after dark,and even they went off the air at midnight.

Try to tell that to a 10  year old today,and he will think you were living in a covered wagon and fighting off hostile Indians.

What are YOUR best guesses for the distant (more than 25 years from now) future?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: "In the year 2525.........."
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 07:54:27 pm »
BTW,in defense of that one tv station,they did carry stuff like Kraft Mystery Theatre,Playhouse 90,and other stuff that would be worth watching today. In just a few short years they were broadcasting stuff like Masterpiece Theater,The Twilight Zone,and Alfred Hitchcock. Granted,in just a few years there were THREE (!) channels to choose from,so not all the good shows were on one channel.

Maybe one of the biggest shows on tv were the Ed Sullivan Show,and later The Red Skelton Show. I remember one episode of Red's show were Mamie Van Doren or some other double-breasted star came out on the stage to be introduced,and after being hugged,she put her hand in his pocket right after saying she felt really excited to be here tonight,and Red's response was,"Dig a little deeper and you will be feeling nuts". The screen immediately went blank as the censors cut it off for a few moments. I guess to give him a lecture on language/sexual innuendo,but was right back in maybe a minute,and Red,the boob babe,and the whole audience were still laughing. Red was wiping tears from his eyes.

And don't get me started on Groucho Marx. Don't forget,this was all live tv at the time.

BTW,I also got to watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof on one of those 3 stations while it was still playing with the original cast on Broadway. IIRC,the cast included James Dean and Elizabeth Taylor. This was big stuff back then. Especially to a world that had only known radio less than 10 years earlier.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:56:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 07:57:02 pm »
BTW,if I posted this in the wrong place,please feel free to move it.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 01:07:38 am »
    I was thinking 50 years ago that we'd have Sex Booths by now, at the local pool hall or slot car tracks.  Walk in hook up a couple of wires, pay a nominal fee and a minute or two later you get up to leave, keeping your house, furniture and cars. 

Disclaimer:  I love Women Dearly with all my heart, I would be much more miserable without them touching my life daily.  I do not consider them sex repositories or some such, in any sense.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 01:15:16 am »
    I was thinking 50 years ago that we'd have Sex Booths by now,  .  .  .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 01:33:59 am »
    I was thinking 50 years ago that we'd have Sex Booths by now, at the local pool hall or slot car tracks.  Walk in hook up a couple of wires, pay a nominal fee and a minute or two later you get up to leave, keeping your house, furniture and cars. 

Disclaimer:  I love Women Dearly with all my heart, I would be much more miserable without them touching my life daily.  I do not consider them sex repositories or some such, in any sense.

@corbe

A minute or two????? 

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 01:38:24 am »
   Somewhere in between OK and is that it? @sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 01:52:56 am »
   Somewhere in between OK and is that it? @sneakypete

@corbe

Hardly seems worth the trouble,does it?

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:30 am »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

A) I think you are asking what would we expect assuming that the world progressed more or less as it has the last several thousand years?

B) That's a different question than what do I think will likely be the case in 75 years or even 25 years.

A) I think that evil has been multiplied and spread so thickly by the Marxist/globalist/satanic oligarchy that massive destruction of life and infrastructure would be highly likely even in less than 25 years and certainly less than 50 years.

It could well mean shoving whatever humans may be left back to subsistence living--meager farming efforts or even hunter/gatherer.

B) My assumption is that The Great Tribulation mentioned in Revelation will have transpired before 25 years from now and certainly before 50 years from now.

Then after Armageddon, Yeshua The Christ will be ruling in bodily form from Jerusalem over the whole earth. And nations failing to bring tribute, worship, honor at least once a year will not receive any rain.

Yet, there will be no war and someone dying at age 100 will have been considered to have died a young child.

The evildoers will have been removed from the planet.

Sooooo . . . time will tell.

Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 02:13:48 pm »
Oh. Now I have that song in my head
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️