Author Topic: She Stopped to Help Migrants on a Texas Highway. Moments Later, She Was Arrested.  (Read 655 times)

rangerrebew

She Stopped to Help Migrants on a Texas Highway. Moments Later, She Was Arrested.

By Manny Fernandez

May 10, 2019

MCALLEN, Tex. — Teresa L. Todd pulled over one recent night on a dark West Texas highway to help three young Central American migrants who had flagged her down. Ms. Todd — an elected official, government lawyer and single mother in a desert border region near Big Bend National Park — said she went into “total mom mode” when she saw the three siblings, one of whom appeared to be very ill.

Struggling to communicate using her broken Spanish, Ms. Todd told the three young people to get out of the cold and into her car. She was phoning and texting friends for help when a sheriff’s deputy drove up, followed soon by the Border Patrol. “They asked me to step behind my car, and the supervisor came and started Mirandizing me,” said Ms. Todd, referring to being read her Miranda rights. “And then he says that I could be found guilty of transporting illegal aliens, and I’m, like, ‘What are you talking about?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/us/texas-border-good-samaritan.html

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
She was phoning and texting friends for help when a sheriff’s deputy drove up, followed soon by the Border Patrol. “They asked me to step behind my car, and the supervisor came and started Mirandizing me,” said Ms. Todd, referring to being read her Miranda rights. “And then he says that I could be found guilty of transporting illegal aliens, and I’m, like, ‘What are you talking about?”

GOOD.
This woman got what she deserved.
Prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law!

Online rustynail

Better to be arrested than murdered by those she sought to 'help'.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She Stopped to Help Migrants on a Texas Highway. Moments Later, She Was Arrested.

By Manny Fernandez

May 10, 2019

MCALLEN, Tex. — Teresa L. Todd pulled over one recent night on a dark West Texas highway to help three young Central American migrants who had flagged her down. Ms. Todd — an elected official, government lawyer and single mother in a desert border region near Big Bend National Park — said she went into “total mom mode” when she saw the three siblings, one of whom appeared to be very ill.

Struggling to communicate using her broken Spanish, Ms. Todd told the three young people to get out of the cold and into her car. She was phoning and texting friends for help when a sheriff’s deputy drove up, followed soon by the Border Patrol. “They asked me to step behind my car, and the supervisor came and started Mirandizing me,” said Ms. Todd, referring to being read her Miranda rights. “And then he says that I could be found guilty of transporting illegal aliens, and I’m, like, ‘What are you talking about?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/us/texas-border-good-samaritan.html

@rangerrebew

Yeah,causen we know that single women with children at home are always stopping out in the desert to pick up strange males. Especially lawyers.

There is no chance at all she was being paid to help smuggle illegal aliens.

Uh,huh.

Pull my finger.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@rangerrebew

Yeah,causen we know that single women with children at home are always stopping out in the desert to pick up strange males. Especially lawyers.

There is no chance at all she was being paid to help smuggle illegal aliens.

Uh,huh.

Pull my finger.
@sneakypete
Okay, but I need to get ready first