Author Topic: Washington Post Tells Major Whopper About White House Revoking Press Passes  (Read 252 times)

rangerrebew

Washington Post Tells Major Whopper About White House Revoking Press Passes
Tim Brown Tim Brown May 10, 2019 1.6k Views

Last year, the White House submitted to a temporary stay by a judge who ruled unconstitutionally that Jim Acosta was entitled to access to the White House after his press pass was revoked by the White House due to his behavior and assault on a White House aide.  This year, the White House has not only cut back its press conferences, something it is not obligated to provide under the Constitution but is now eliminating certain journalists from the press corp.  However, in putting forth sour grapes about his press pass being revoked Dana Milbank of the CIA-tied Washington Post told a major whopper in his headline and proceeded to provide evidence that it was a major whopper, as he declared, "The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all journalists."

While media from the New York Times to CNN and FOX News supported Acosta in 2018, the reality is that no one is entitled to a White House press pass, and those that do get one, get it because they have to meet certain criteria and pass certain security background checks.  Furthermore, if the White House perceives that journalists are dealing with them unfairly, is it not fair to say that they will not allow them to be in the press corp?  It seems obvious to me.

https://freedomoutpost.com/washington-post-tells-major-whopper-about-white-house-revoking-press-passes/