Author Topic: Sarah Sanders leads "mass purge" of White House reporters with new press-room rules  (Read 481 times)

rangerrebew

Sarah Sanders leads "mass purge" of White House reporters with new press-room rules
New rules on press access, imposed by Sanders, could disqualify "almost the entire White House press corps"

Andrew O'Hehir
May 9, 2019 9:15PM (UTC)

The White House imposed new rules on reporters’ press access that some journalists say may disqualify “almost the entire White House press corps.”

The White House press office implemented a new policy this week that aims at cutting down the number of journalists who can have a “hard pass,” a two-year press pass that allows reporters entry to the White House grounds, The Washington Post reported. Under the new rules, only journalists who have entered the White House grounds at least 90 days of the last 180 can renew their hard pass. Reporters who do not have a hard pass must apply for a new pass each time they need access. Temporary press passes are issued on a daily, weekly and six-month basis.

https://www.salon.com/2019/05/09/sarah-sanders-leads-mass-purge-of-white-house-reporters-with-new-press-room-rules/

Offline skeeter

Wake me when Trump begins using intelligence agencies to spy of reporters as Obama did.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wake me when Trump begins using intelligence agencies to spy of reporters as Obama did.

Or opposing candidates.

Offline Absalom

In an era of telecommunications advances there is no need
for a press room filled w/hostile media flunkies. NONE!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:17:41 pm by Absalom »

Offline bilo

In an era of telecommunications advances there is no need
of a press room filled w/hostile media flunkies. NONE!

:beer:

White House press briefings are a joke. It's not about news, or policy. It's all about playing gotcha and smearing the administration, especially Trump.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home