Author Topic: Official: US Risks Losing Control of Southern Border  (Read 392 times)

rangerrebew

Official: US Risks Losing Control of Southern Border
« on: May 10, 2019, 02:08:37 pm »
Official: US Risks Losing Control of Southern Border
May 08, 2019 9:24 PM

Michael Bowman

WASHINGTON —

A U.S. official on Wednesday said the nation would "lose control" of its border with Mexico unless a massive and protracted surge of undocumented immigrants and asylum-seekers, primarily from Central America, is contained and reversed.

U.S. Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost issued the warning to a Senate panel while announcing an eye-popping number of migrant apprehensions: 460,294 so far in the current fiscal year, which began in October. That figure exceeds the yearly total recorded by Border Patrol in more than a decade.

Provost noted that, unlike in previous major migration periods, children, unaccompanied minors and family units constitute a substantial proportion of those reaching the U.S.-Mexico border, placing huge and unprecedented burdens on federal agencies.

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-official-america-risks-losing-control-of-southern-border/4910034.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Official: US Risks Losing Control of Southern Border
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 02:16:26 pm »
I've got new for "U.S. official".  We already have lost control of the southern border, for most intents and purposes.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 08:10:22 pm »
I've got new for "U.S. official".  We already have lost control of the southern border, for most intents and purposes.

Not only have we lost control of our southern border, but we are very close to losing this sovereign nation.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 08:17:18 pm »
Will the EBT cards still work?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:14:40 pm »
"US Risks Losing Control of Southern Border..."

That horse ran outta the barn a long time ago.

The real issue:
Will we ever get control back...?