Author Topic: Frenchman savours triumphant barrel crossing of Atlantic ocean  (Read 650 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Frenchman savours triumphant barrel crossing of Atlantic ocean

Frenchman Jean-Jacques Savin, who floated across the Atlantic in a custom-made barrel for nearly 100 days, stands next to his barrel aboard the ship "Friendship." (Lionel CHAMOISEAU / AFP)

A 72-year-old Frenchman arrived on the Caribbean island of Martinique Thursday to celebrate crossing the Atlantic in four months carried by the currents in a custom-made barrel.

"It was an exhilarating voyage but also quite risky," Jean-Jacques Savin said after embracing his partner Josyane for the first time since he was dropped into the waters off the Canary Islands on December 26.

Savin had already declared his trip a success as of April 27 when he officially entered the Caribbean after 122 days at sea.

Read more at: https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/frenchman-savours-triumphant-barrel-crossing-of-atlantic-ocean-1.4416619?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_content=5cd53329e506e7000107b97e&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Barrel had, many of the comforts of home, I don't know about all. I think an article was posted when he took off. It wasn't a small barrel by any means.

I saw some mini-trailer at REI, small but basically, everything was there. Enough was there.

Some sort of solar panel.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:39:14 am by TomSea »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Frenchman savours triumphant barrel crossing of Atlantic ocean
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:08:44 pm »
I remember the story being posted here when he took off on the trip.

Amazing that he made it. The barrel looks good for another crossing...!