Author Topic: NBC Bemoans Trump Pardoning U.S. Soldier, Cheered Obama Releasing Manning  (Read 314 times)

rangerrebew

NBC Bemoans Trump Pardoning U.S. Soldier, Cheered Obama Releasing Manning
By Nicholas Fondacaro | May 7, 2019 10:51 PM EDT

Despite admitting the move had the support of “three dozen generals and admirals”, NBC Nightly News seemed peeved that President Trump pardoned Michael Behenna, a former Army first lieutenant convicted of unlawfully killing a terrorist in a combat zone. But back in 2017, NBC cheered when President Obama released former Army private Chelsea Manning, who damaged U.S. intelligence by leaking secrets to WikiLeaks (before the media hated them). They also ignored Obama’s release of an unrepentant terrorist.

“President Trump has opened a new fault line by giving a full pardon to a former U.S. soldier, who was convicted of committing murder in a combat zone,” anchor Lester Holt set the tone at the top of the segment.

After first highlighting what Trump said in the phone call to Behenna, chief White House correspondent Hallie Jackson walked viewers through the soldier’s alleged crime:

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/05/07/nbc-bemoans-trump-pardoning-us-soldier-cheered-obama

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is FANTASTIC!

Congrats to Michael and all the Behenna family. He should have never been convicted. I have supported his cause since day 1.

Good job President Trump. You have the balls your two predecessors completely lacked.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
To all the people who don't know a G-Damned thing but what happened today--EFF you.

THIS is the reason I ever started talking to people online.

This is for the VETS.

This is me spitting and shitting on BUSH 2 and obama and all your effed up bullshit. Putting young American lives in harm's way and then shitting on them.

Pay attention, you stupid MFers that think you are in the know. That say you care.

I consider this act by President Donald Trump to be the greatest achievement he has done.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley