Author Topic: What if the New York Times Cartoon had depicted a Muslim, a Lesbian, an African American or a Mexica  (Read 205 times)

rangerrebew

What if the New York Times Cartoon had depicted a Muslim, a Lesbian, an African American or a Mexican as a Dog?

by Alan M. Dershowitz
April 29, 2019 at 5:45 pm

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/14165/what-if-the-new-york-times-cartoon-had-depicted

Only three-quarters of a century after Der Stürmer incentivized the mass murder of Jews by dehumanizing them, we see a revival of such bigoted caricatures.

I do not believe in free speech for me, but not for thee. But I do believe in condemning those who hide behind the First Amendment to express anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim, homophobic, sexist or racist views.

For years now, the New York Times op-ed pages have been one-sidedly anti-Israel. Its reporting has often been provably false, and all the errors tend to favor Israel's enemies.

Most recently, the New York Times published an op-ed declaring, on Easter Sunday, that the crucified Jesus was probably a Palestinian. How absurd. How preposterous. How predictable.