Author Topic: HB 1215 | Texas Sovereignty Act - (not to be confused w/ TEXIT referendum)  (Read 423 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Tiger Droppings 1/21/2021

HB 1215 | Texas Sovereignty Act - filed Jan. 20 (not to be confused w/ TEXIT referendum)

Texans are becoming prickly ....

Summary of Texas Sovereignty Act
HB 1215

Basic Approach

Provide streamlined approach for the Texas legislature to formally declare that specific acts of the federal government are unconstitutional. Creates a standing legislative committee to review federal actions for constitutionality. The full legislature votes on declared unconstitutional acts and the governor reviews. Federal actions subject to Texas review are legislation, regulations, executive orders, federal judicial orders or decisions, and treaty enforcement.

Once an act is declared unconstitutional, law enforcement can arrest and prosecute federal agents who attempt enforcement action under the color of declared unconstitutional acts under the Texas penal code, including explicitly, the Texas Official Oppression Act (Texas Penal Code 39.03). While maintaining the ability of local district and county attorneys to prosecute, the attorney general is also given prosecutorial power to prosecute federal agents if a federal act has been declared unconstitutional.

Details

- Explicitly states that this bill does not prohibit a public officer who has taken the oath from interposing to stop acts of the federal government which in the officer’s best understanding and judgment, violate the Constitution.

- Includes canons of construction guiding the analysis of the constitutionality of federal acts. The canons urge reliance on the text and structure of the Constitution and in cases of ambiguity, on sources that evidence original intent.

- Allows Texas citizens to seek an opinion about the constitutionality of a federal action in a Texas court.

More: https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/hb-1215--texas-sovereignty-act---filed-jan-20-not-to-be-confused-w--texit-referendum/94720138/

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Tiger Droppings 1/21/2021

HB 1215 | Texas Sovereignty Act - filed Jan. 20 (not to be confused w/ TEXIT referendum)

Texans are becoming prickly ....

Apparently so!! Thanks for the link.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I like this act.

The feds pick a fight with us, we stand up and fight ourselves.

Feds will try to hold back federal money over our heads.

That is when the real fighting begins, not just arresting federal agents.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I like this act.

The feds pick a fight with us, we stand up and fight ourselves.

Feds will try to hold back federal money over our heads.

That is when the real fighting begins, not just arresting federal agents.

:yowsa: We need to see that it passes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Follows up on this 2019 action by Paxton.

Texas asserts sovereign immunity against Congress
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,361980.msg1973112.html#msg1973112
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GrouchoTex

Good deal.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In before the whacky left starts screaming insurrection.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

In before the whacky left starts screaming insurrection.
Let them scream.

Little they could do about it.

If they unseat Cruz from the Senate, then all hell will certainly break loose, including Texas from the corrupt federal government.