Author Topic: Utah Sen. Mitt Romney: ‘I’d like to hear from Mr. Mueller’  (Read 622 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney: ‘I’d like to hear from Mr. Mueller’
Salt Lake Tribune, May 3, 2019

Washington • Sen. Mitt Romney wants special counsel Robert Mueller to testify before Congress, breaking with fellow Republicans who want to move on after Mueller delivered his report that found attempts by President Donald Trump to derail the investigation but didn’t seek charges against him for obstruction of justice.

“I’d like to hear from Mr. Mueller; I think a lot of people would like to hear his perspective on the report he put out and the conclusions he reached,” Romney told reporters at the Capitol on Thursday.

The Utah Republican, who had said he was “sickened” by Mueller’s findings about the president and his team, wasn’t sure what form such a hearing with the special counsel would entail but that it was important for the public to hear directly from the lead investigator.

“I don’t know what the right process is for us to be able to hear from him," Romney said, “but I think a lot of us would like to hear his take.”

More:  https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2019/05/02/utah-sen-mitt-romney-id/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Romney has gone completely over to the dark side.

Offline dfwgator

And dogs would like not to ride on the tops of cars.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Romney has gone completely over to the dark side.

I don't believe that it was a long trip.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The dems, #nevertrumpers like Romney favor endless "do-overs" until they get the pre-ordained "bguilty finding," that they feel entitled to get.

Earlier today Scott Adams puzzled over the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" came from.

He said he seemed to recall "Bush Derangement"

My suspicion is that before that, there was Goldwater,  Nixon, Reagan  Derangements, too.

They won't hesitate a minute, to add Cruz, Paul or others if needed.
Fault Trump as you must, but Romney's type of Republican is not the answer. Nor do I see the Bush or McCain families as the answer.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
The dems, #nevertrumpers like Romney favor endless "do-overs" until they get the pre-ordained "bguilty finding," that they feel entitled to get.

Earlier today Scott Adams puzzled over the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" came from.

My suspicion is that before that, there was Goldwater,  Nixon, Reagan  Derangements, too.

Fault Trump as you must, but Romney's type of Republican is not the answer. Nor do I see the Bush or McCain families as the answer.

If you are saying that Trump is doing better for the country than any of Romney, Bush, McCain (and while we are at it, pretty much 95+% of elected Republicans), then I agree with you.

Offline libertybele

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney: ‘I’d like to hear from Mr. Mueller’
Salt Lake Tribune, May 3, 2019

Washington • Sen. Mitt Romney wants special counsel Robert Mueller to testify before Congress, breaking with fellow Republicans who want to move on after Mueller delivered his report that found attempts by President Donald Trump to derail the investigation but didn’t seek charges against him for obstruction of justice.

“I’d like to hear from Mr. Mueller; I think a lot of people would like to hear his perspective on the report he put out and the conclusions he reached,” Romney told reporters at the Capitol on Thursday.

The Utah Republican, who had said he was “sickened” by Mueller’s findings about the president and his team, wasn’t sure what form such a hearing with the special counsel would entail but that it was important for the public to hear directly from the lead investigator.

“I don’t know what the right process is for us to be able to hear from him," Romney said, “but I think a lot of us would like to hear his take.”

More:  https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2019/05/02/utah-sen-mitt-romney-id/

???  Hear Mueller's perspective on a report that he himself wrote??  Can't Romney read?  Of course he can, so what does this even mean for crying out loud?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't believe that it was a long trip.

Me either!  In fact, I think he's been there all along.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

You are absolutely correct.  The last thing this country needs is another Bush, McCain or Romney.

As for Cruz ... I still envision the heads spinning and the major conniption fits if Trump wins in 2020 and decided he wants Cruz as his VP ... talk about kicking some bootie .... lol....not going to happen I know, but it's fun to entertain the thought!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Pence has been a good partner for Trump, so there will be no change.

As for Romney, he is as transparent as glass.  He is contemplating a run in 2020, or in 2024 again for certain.

Should anything happen to Trump that stops him from running in 2020, like an early unexpected demise, etc, Romney is positioning himself to jump right in.  And if not, after serving 1-2 terms as a US Senator, he will run in 2024 again.

He is grandstanding, only problem is he has a very tiny audience outside the anti Trump media.