Author Topic: Experts predicted economic Armageddon under Trump — where are they now?  (Read 267 times)

rangerrebew

Opinion
Experts predicted economic Armageddon under Trump — where are they now?

By Charles Gasparino

May 3, 2019 | 4:17pm | Updated

The economy is strong, unemployment is low and wages are rising, according to the latest economic data released Friday, which is in stark contrast to what the vast majority of elite economic opinion predicted just a few years ago from a Trump presidency.

The latest unemployment report has joblessness at 3.6%. Where is the Trump Armageddon Squad now?

What’s even more egregious is that the same folks predicting the end of the world refuse to provide sane analysis of radical proposals dribbling out of the mouths of the Democrats. They report on Medicare-for-All, the Green New Deal and college debt forgiveness as if these cockamamie ideas will have no impact on the economy.

First some full disclosure: While I was never a naysayer in the camp of Paul Krugman, I was never fully aboard the Trump economic train. I worried about his occasional dumb, offhand remarks on finance — he once blurted out he could renegotiate debt payments without understanding it was a form of default, which would lead to massively higher interest rates and lots of bad stuff to follow.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/03/experts-predicted-economic-armageddon-under-trump-where-are-they-now/

Offline goatprairie

The liberals grand economic strategy isn't to grow the economy and create more opportunity for everybody acknowledging that some people will make a lot more than others.
No, their goal is to punish the rich.  Barack Obama admitted as much in an interview with CBS News Charles Gibson before he was elected.  He didn't care if lowering taxes raised gov. income. He was more concerned that the rich weren't paying high enough taxes.
Liberals drone on and on about wealth disparity not concerned with the fact that a great percentage of the wealthiest people in the country are liberals like Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates.
Why don't they ask those super-wealthy libs to fork over a lot of their dough? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a person could live very comfortably on just a billion dollars.  :whistle: