Author Topic: New York Times Blames Wine Consumers for Climate Change, Issues Instructions for Researching Vineyar  (Read 708 times)

rangerrebew

New York Times Blames Wine Consumers for Climate Change, Issues Instructions for Researching Vineyards

Wine drinkers contribute to climate change when they don’t do proper research and make the right purchase decisions, The New York Times warns in a how-to guide published Tuesday.

In its “How Does Your Love of Wine Contribute to Climate Change?” The Times says the wine industry is “a microcosm of larger society” when it comes to climate change, so wine lovers must do their part to save the planet:

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/new-york-times-blames-wine-consumers-climate-change-issues-instructions

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Now they're really crossing the line. 

Offline mountaineer

The Times advises wine buyers to research winemakers to find answers to questions like:

Do they plow or till, or do they have a crop cover?
    Do they mow their crop cover, instead of rolling it?
    Do they make and use their own organic compost?
    Do they still use combustion engines, or have they switched to electric or hybrid vehicles?
    Do they use chemical sprays?
    Do they “promote biodiversity and soil life?”
    Do they use renewable fuels?
    Do they catch and store the carbon they produce?
    What energy source do they use?
    What are their water management practices?
 :silly:  :rolling:  0005
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

The Times advises wine buyers to research winemakers to find answers to questions like:

Do they plow or till, or do they have a crop cover?
    Do they mow their crop cover, instead of rolling it?
    Do they make and use their own organic compost?
    Do they still use combustion engines, or have they switched to electric or hybrid vehicles?
    Do they use chemical sprays?
    Do they “promote biodiversity and soil life?”
    Do they use renewable fuels?
    Do they catch and store the carbon they produce?
    What energy source do they use?
    What are their water management practices?
 :silly:  :rolling:  0005

After the third question the sommelier will throw you out of the tasting room.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
After the third question the sommelier will throw you out of the tasting room.

As well he or she should.

Offline aligncare

As well he or she should.

Climate change (let’s call it what it is: global whining) is the most persistent and tenacious mass hysteria hoax I’ve ever seen. (Of course, I wasn’t around for the Salem witch trials).

Offline skeeter

Climate change (let’s call it what it is: global whining) is the most persistent and tenacious mass hysteria hoax I’ve ever seen. (Of course, I wasn’t around for the Salem witch trials).

The left are assuming all the attributes of comic book villains. They are all lies and hatred.

Offline goatprairie

It's amusing to read the comments below the article.
While there were few that thought the gist of the article was insipid (which it was), there were a number who thought it very minor compared to the many other things people could stop doing....like flying, driving cars, going anywhere in a motorized contrivance, having children, and a million other things that would leave the average person staying at home without virtually any of the modern invention/conveniences that make life worth living. To avoid killing the planet everybody should just stay home, mostly motionless,
It's like most of the readers of the Slimes are Unabomber-life style advocates.
Do avoid destroying the world, I guess everybody should live in a 12x12 hut with no running water, toilets, or whatever and never go anywhere.
Insane.

Offline skeeter

Do avoid destroying the world, I guess everybody should live in a 12x12 hut with no running water, toilets, or whatever and never go anywhere.
Insane.

Exactly. They want all of us in hell.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Now they're really crossing the line.

Not sure there's a faster way of pissing off the woman vote.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

I'm pretty sure none of that information is available on the bottle label. What am I supposed to do, call the winery while I'm standing in Kroger and run down the list? "Are you catching and storing your carbon? I really need to know!"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org