Author Topic: In 1988, four Mexican military troops with automatic weapons 'invaded' San Diego. I was there.  (Read 199 times)

rangerrebew

May 3, 2019
In 1988, four Mexican military troops with automatic weapons 'invaded' San Diego. I was there.
By Peter Barry Chowka

On Sunday, March 13, 1988, at 10:25 P.M., four Mexican military troops wearing camouflage uniforms and brandishing automatic weapons penetrated a mile and a half into U.S. territory south of San Diego, Calif. Their entry point was an unfenced stretch of beach that separated Playas de Tijuana (Tijuana Beach), Mexico from Imperial Beach, Calif. Within sight of the first group of American residential condominiums at the end of Seacoast Drive in Imperial Beach, the Mexicans accosted a group of a dozen Americans who were picnicking on the beach, pointing their loaded machine guns at the picnickers and ordering them to lie flat on the ground.

Before the tense situation could escalate any further, the group was spooked by a U.S. Border Patrol helicopter that spotted the incursion and landed on the beach. The Mexicans headed south but were arrested and taken into custody before they could reach the border. The American picnickers scattered into the night.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/05/in_1988_four_mexican_military_troops_with_automatic_weapons_invaded_san_diego_i_was_there.html#ixzz5mrRKRUQw