Author Topic: Six Marxist students vanish in China in the lead up to Labor Day  (Read 357 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Six Marxist students vanish in China in the lead up to Labor Day
By Eduardo Baptista, Yong Xiong and Ben Westcott, CNN

Beijing (CNN)Six Marxist university students who wanted to spend International Labor Day working alongside regular laborers have vanished in China, the latest in a series of disappearances and detentions of student activists.

An activist group linked to the six missing students announced their disappearance in a statement released Tuesday. CNN tried to reach out to the students but found their phones were switched off.

Since August 2018, left-wing students, including those from Beijing's prestigious Peking University, have been detained across China apparently over their involvement in worker protests in different parts of the country.

Read more at: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/01/asia/china-students-peking-university-intl/index.html

I think I've heard about this before. So-called "real" communists are sometimes quashed not only in China but Russia too.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Six Marxist students vanish in China in the lead up to Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:22:03 am »
During the Cultural Revolution, it wasn't uncommon for rival bands of Red Guards to fight each other.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Six Marxist students vanish in China in the lead up to Labor Day
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:02:10 am »
Sorry, not sorry.  My give a shit meter for commies is broken.  F&*k 'em.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.