Author Topic: Bolton thinks North (Korea) strike viable  (Read 275 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bolton thinks North (Korea) strike viable
« on: May 02, 2019, 03:03:48 am »
Bolton thinks North strike viable
Trump adviser still hawkish, but Pompeo ‘hopeful’ on nuke deal

May 02,2019

John Bolton, U.S. President Donald Trump’s national security adviser, still believes that a military strike on North Korea is a viable option as denuclearization talks between Washington and Pyongyang are stalled, The New Yorker reported earlier this week.

Citing unnamed U.S. government officials, the magazine said in its profile of Bolton published on Monday that Bolton privately told White House aides that the second U.S.-North summit in Hanoi, Vietnam, was unlikely to succeed.

Despite months of engagement with the North and Trump’s bragging about falling in “love” with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, Bolton, according to the article, still believes that a strike is possible because the United States knows where most of North Korea’s nuclear weapons are.

Read more at: http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3062513

The New Yorker reported this, so take with a grain of salt, at least that's my view but the New Yorker isn't nearly as bad as that magazine I believe is just called New York.

Anyway, who goes to the New Yorker as a news source? They have had some viable reports in the past. I don't deny that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:35:04 am by TomSea »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Bolton thinks North (Korea) strike viable
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 01:28:48 pm »
The military option is viable, but will always hinge upon the reaction of China.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kidd

Re: Bolton thinks North (Korea) strike viable
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 03:20:08 pm »
A 'military strike' does not necessarily mean landing boots on the ground or destroying things on North Korean soil.

I would think it could mean shooting their missiles out of the air - which I'm fine with and have been for some time.
A total naval / air blockade
Jamming their communications