Author Topic: Can Joe Biden Apologize His Way to the Presidency? ...Ben Shapiro  (Read 242 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Can Joe Biden Apologize His Way to the Presidency?
Ben Shapiro
5/1/2019 12:01:00 AM

Former vice president and new 2020 Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden has a problem. His problem is simple: He has a record. That record is long and checkered. And that means that Biden has spent the first months of his undeclared campaign apologizing.

In January, Biden apologized for having supported criminal sentencing laws that helped drive down crime in the United States. He did so because those laws are now considered both passe and un-woke -- they've been maligned as inherently racist. Thus, Biden stated: "I haven't always been right. I know we haven't always gotten things right, but I've always tried," adding that the bill in the early 1990s "trapped an entire generation" and "was a big mistake when it was made." That's a change from 2016, when Biden told CNBC he wasn't ashamed "at all" for supporting the bill and bragged, "I drafted the bill."

Weeks ago, as Biden prepped his presidential run, he approached Anita Hill, the woman who accused Justice Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment. Hill's testimony was riddled with inconsistencies and outright lies. Biden recognized that at the time -- according to former Sen. Arlen Specter's autobiography, Biden told him in 1998 that, with regard to Hill's protestations of memory lapses, "It was clear to me from the way she was answering the questions, she was lying." Now, however, Biden told Hill, "I'm sorry for what happened to you." Hill, for her part, is having none of it -- she called his apology insufficient and stated that he owes Americans a more generalized apology.

Then, just four weeks ago, Biden issued a quasi-apology for his habitual invasion of women's personal space. In a two-minute video, he explained: "The boundaries of protecting personal space have been reset. I get it. I get it. I hear what they're saying. I understand. And I'll be much more mindful."

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2019/05/01/can-joe-biden-apologize-his-way-to-the-presidency-n2545646
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Obama spent his entire presidency apologizing for America.  Biden has a guidebook to follow when it come to groveling. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

Obama spent his entire presidency apologizing for America.  Biden has a guidebook to follow when it come to groveling.
The Dem nomination campaign will be a contest to see which candidate can best grovel, whine, complain, and generally accuse America of being an awful country.

Offline rustynail

Democrats know about being sorry.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'd say the question is ' Golly Joe since you were wrong so much and so often, why the hell should anyone vote for a self admitted screw up?"