Author Topic: SAD: White House Correspondents' Dinner Replaces Comedy With 'Dark Sermons'  (Read 738 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

SAD: White House Correspondents' Dinner Replaces Comedy With 'Dark Sermons'
Daily Wire, Apr 28, 2019

Speakers at Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association dinner struck a somber tone amid signs that the once ultra-trendy, star-studded "nerd prom" just isn't the event it once was.

President Donald Trump announced several weeks ago that he would not appear at the annual event — which technically raises money for journalism scholarships and awards achievements in covering White House-specific events — for the third year in a row. For the first time, however, the president said all senior members of the White House staff will "boycott" the event.

White House officials, including press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, instead appeared alongside the president at a rally Saturday night.

[...]

Last night's event, instead, then took on a funerary tone. President of the White House Correspondents' Association, Olivier Knox, first delivered what Grabien News termed a "dark sermon" on the state of the First Amendment and the all-encompassing fear journalists who cover the president are now feeling.

“I don’t want to dwell on the president,” Knox said. “This is not his dinner. It’s ours, and it should stay ours. But I do want to say this. In nearly 23 years as a reporter, I’ve been physically assaulted by Republicans and Democrats, spat on, shoved, had crap thrown at me. I’ve been told I will never work in Washington again by both major parties.”

More:  https://www.dailywire.com/news/46495/sad-white-house-correspondents-dinner-replaces-emily-zanotti

Online corbe

This is incredibly SAD: and I am seeing it more and more now that the NBA Playoffs are going on and I am forced to watch TV.  I am becoming aware of how descriptive the broadcast media is in their hate toward our President and it makes me wish at times that I wasn't associated with them, being a #Never and all, but then I remember the sloberers we have here and I figure it all evens out. 
   Of course I could be wrong.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

Mass hypnosis continues...The Emperor Has No Clothes.

Offline MoMo

@Victoria33 you are another one here that I just don't get. I looked back on your prior posts and you have never had anything good to say about our President. Are you one of those closet conservatives that wanted Hillary?

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
Mass hypnosis continues...The Emperor Has No Clothes.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Victoria33 you are another one here that I just don't get. I looked back on your prior posts and you have never had anything good to say about our President. Are you one of those closet conservatives that wanted Hillary?

You know there is a feature where you can block certain members you have a problem with... Please feel free to put me on that the list while you are at it. Thanks...

{Edited to keep the peace} ....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Victoria33

@MoMo

You asked, “Are you one of those closet conservatives that wanted Hillary?” 
I write from facts.  If I write something good a Democrat does in terms of election law, or campaign, that doesn’t mean I would vote for that person.  If I write a fact about a Republican who screws up that doesn’t mean I will vote for the Democrat.

You are confused/wrong if you think conservatives wanted Hillary.  Conservatives wanted a conservative who wasn’t mentally deficient, which I and others believe Trump is, so they voted for a conservative candidate of another party, such as the Libertarian Party, or they wrote in a name, or left that spot blank on the ballot, didn’t vote for anyone for president.  In Texas, the Republican will win for state office/most federal offices, except that more Democrats voted in the non-presidential election primary in 2018 than ever before.  Due to that number, I now think Democrats could win more Texas state seats and more Federal Democrat Representatives and Senators in 2020.   Democrats are rabid to get Trump out and some Republicans want him out, so they will vote for the Libertarian or not vote and Trump loses.  I am not sure of that yet – there is much time until November, 2020, and Trump could seriously screw up before then which would mean his demise in the 2020 election.

There is a reason Joe Biden is leading the Democrats.  For the general public Democrat or Independent Voter, he is “peace” for them – they know his name, he was/is attached to Obama whom they love, they trust Biden, feel sorry for him that his son died of brain cancer not long ago, they want to honor him, and they can’t stand Trump, so he wins over the new, more radical Democrat candidates.  There are some traits of Biden I like, but no way would I vote for him – he is a Democrat – I am not.

Joe is not very bright (but neither is Trump).  A "Joe" story tells a lot about Joe's thinking capability:
Joe is not for weapons, "guns" as he and others call them.  When he was Vice-President and a killing had happened, Joe told us we could have one "gun" at home - a shotgun.  Then, Joe told us how to use it.  When a bad guy(s) wants/want to get in your house, a two-story house, go out on the second floor balcony and fire the shotgun one time - the bad guys will leave.  Thank you, Joe, for telling us how to stay safe.