Author Topic: U.S. warrant issued for accused ringleader of North Korean embassy raid in Madrid  (Read 302 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
See video after this first article, I'd totally disagree with extraditing these persons of Korean background, one a marine who served in Falujah. It seems our admin pivots a lot. I sure hope we don't turn them over.
U.S. warrant issued for accused ringleader of North Korean embassy raid in Madrid
Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. authorities are focused on Southern California in their manhunt for a one-time human rights activist accused of leading a violent takeover of North Korea’s embassy in Spain, according to a federal arrest warrant unsealed on Friday.

Adrian Hong Chang is wanted by Spain in connection with the alleged embassy raid in February, but his lawyer denounced the U.S. Justice Department for seeking his arrest and extradition based on “the highly unreliable accounts of North Korean government witnesses.”

The warrant, citing information from Spanish authorities, describes Hong Chang as the mastermind of a raid by seven individuals on the North Korean Embassy in Madrid on Feb. 22 that began with Hong Chang posing as a visiting businessman.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-northkorea-usa-idUSKCN1S302M

This Reuters article above speaks of extraditing to Spain, maybe if he would never be extradited to NK, that would be acceptable.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6030854330001/#sp=show-clips

Eric Shawn: 'Free North Korea' activists targeted by US

Apr. 28, 2019 - 7:06 - Lawyer Lee Wolosky fights extradition effort by Trump administration.

See, I'd say I totally disagree with the Trump admin to extradite these people. Let me look for more info.

Also, in case one sees this Fox video, at the end of it the Fox reporter, Eric Shawn says the report that Warmbier tore down posters in North Korea are false. That is what Warmbier was arrested for over there in North Korea.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:46:31 am by TomSea »