Author Topic: Illinois looking to relabel ‘offenders’ as ‘justice-impacted individuals’  (Read 841 times)

Offline mountaineer

Washington Examiner
Illinois Looking to Relabel "Offenders" as "Justice-Impacted Individuals"
By Annabella Rosciglione
May 22, 2024

Illinois is moving forward with a bill that would reclassify some “offenders” as “justice-impacted individuals.”

Under House Bill 4409, the Illinois Department of Corrections would add representation to the Adult Redeploy Illinois oversight board. Some of the bill also changes the word “offender” to “justice-impacted individuals.” Republicans in the state are warning the logistics of the move could cost Illinois taxpayers.

“Over and over again, we keep changing the name of how we are referring to those who have entered into criminal activity and each time we make that change, each agency has to make that change on every one of their documents. Right now, in the Department of Corrections, there’s multiple changes that have been made, and it’s costing thousands and thousands of dollars just to do a name change. Why is it necessary to make the name change?” state Sen. Terri Bryant (R) said at a hearing.

One Republican also said the name change is offensive to victims of violent crime.

“There seems to be this rush to take away all accountability for people who commit crimes. If a person is going to get on the right path, they have to know they did something wrong. This apologizing for the criminal, the person who chooses to commit crimes to the detriment of our victims, the people who don’t choose to be victims of crimes, is absolutely incredible,” state Sen. Steve McClure (R) said.  ...

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1793351140735643841
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck
Stuff like this isn’t just silly college kids who find offense in everything. Stable societies have a shared understanding of reality and shared language. Democrats are working to destroy that because it’s how you divide society and create the chaos where communism thrives.

What we’re seeing is a communist movement for a modern form of communism where the state no longer needs to take outright ownership of the means of production because they already defacto control everything about it through sheer political might and/or retribution. Don’t believe me? Big tech is evidence of what this will look like. Google appears to be a business but who do they all donate to? Who do they act as a censorship arm for? Who are they unwilling to upset? Who do they work to get elected?

Anyone honest can see they’re an arm of the Democratic Party and they need no formal ownership to enjoy the privileges of ownership.

The Democrats want our economy destroyed because then you’re dependent on their help. They then exert their control over every person who depends on their help. Step out of line or say the wrong thing and the help will stop. That’s what the future looks like if the Democrats succeed in ushering in this new form of communism. We probably need a new name for it at some point but the level of pain, death and control most closely resembles the footprints of past communist movements.

This is why it’s critical to see these attempts to change our language and reality as the truly dangerous attack they are and not the actions of harmless snowflakes.

A great suffering could come if we don’t stop it. Step one to stopping it is ending wokeness and refusing to let these communists change our language and/or our reality.
3:13 PM · May 22, 2024

Online rustynail

“justice-impacted individuals.”  What do they call the victims?

Offline mountaineer

“justice-impacted individuals.”  What do they call the victims?
Privileged, I suspect.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois looking to relabel ‘offenders’ as ‘justice-impacted individuals’
By
Annabella Rosciglione
May 22, 2024 2:57 pm
Illinois is moving forward with a bill that would reclassify some “offenders” as “justice-impacted individuals.”

Under House Bill 4409, the Illinois Department of Corrections would add representation to the Adult Redeploy Illinois oversight board. Some of the bill also changes the word “offender” to “justice-impacted individuals.” Republicans in the state are warning the logistics of the move could cost Illinois taxpayers.

“Over and over again, we keep changing the name of how we are referring to those who have entered into criminal activity and each time we make that change, each agency has to make that change on every one of their documents. Right now, in the Department of Corrections, there’s multiple changes that have been made, and it’s costing thousands and thousands of dollars just to do a name change. Why is it necessary to make the name change?” state Sen. Terri Bryant (R) said at a hearing.

One Republican also said the name change is offensive to victims of violent crime.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/3013555/illinois-looking-to-relabel-offenders-as-justice-impacted-individuals/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 08:22:59 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The crime rate in Illinois is sure to plummet with a tough new stance on criminals like this. OMGGGGGGG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Topics merged

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji