Author Topic: Trump to receive immigration plan favoring high skills over family ties, Kushner says  (Read 217 times)

rangerrebew

Trump to receive immigration plan favoring high skills over family ties, Kushner says
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Senior White House adviser Jared Kushner said Tuesday that a detailed plan for a merit-based immigration system will be presented to President Trump, giving priority to skilled immigrants rather than those with family ties to the U.S.

“I do believe that the president's position on immigration has been maybe defined by his opponents by what he's against as opposed to what he's for,” Kushner said at the Time 100 Summit in New York City. “What I've done is I've tried to put together a very detailed proposal for him.”

Kushner announced that the new immigration proposal, which Trump will receive this week or next, will resemble the point-based systems in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and will unify people by ensuring strong wages and secure borders while protecting humanitarian values.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kushner-to-present-trump-immigration-plan-favoring-high-skilled-migrants-over-those-with-family-ties-to-us?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ConservativeFWD%20Daily&utm_content=20190427132239

Offline Absalom

For any serious nation/state, this should be their policy NOT their plan!