Author Topic: Mueller fails to detonate for endangered Republicans  (Read 271 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Mueller fails to detonate for endangered Republicans
« on: April 25, 2019, 03:53:00 am »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/24/robert-mueller-republicans-1288759
While the 2016 bombshell sent Republicans sprinting away from then-candidate Donald Trump, special counsel Robert Mueller’s explosive findings that the president may have committed obstruction of justice is causing a far more muted reaction among Republicans.

Not even the most vulnerable Republicans who have pledged to support Trump have abandoned the president. And there is no sign any will.

“Look, it’s clear there were no merit badges earned at the White House for behavior,” said Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) in an interview downtown here. “You have to focus on the heart of this conclusion, which is there is no collusion, no cooperation. That’s where the focus ought to be and how we prepare for the next elections to protect us from Russian intrusion and interference.”

But beyond conceding there are some embarrassing details, Republicans don’t feel the need to create any new space between them and the president. The desire to stay in Trump’s good graces and keep his supporters appears to override any interest in using the episode to appeal to swing voters.

more at link

Could be good news for a rat controlled Senate in 2020.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mueller fails to detonate for endangered Republicans
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:54:37 pm »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/24/robert-mueller-republicans-1288759
more at link

Could be good news for a rat controlled Senate in 2020.

Or not.  "Normal rules" went out the window with O'Bastard & Trump.  Fact is, nobody really knows but for gosh sakes, let's have more speculation.  It worked so well in the past.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Mueller fails to detonate for endangered Republicans
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 11:48:58 pm »
Or not.  "Normal rules" went out the window with O'Bastard & Trump.  Fact is, nobody really knows but for gosh sakes, let's have more speculation.  It worked so well in the past.
@Cyber Liberty
 :crying: speculation is all I got.  I guess I'll go ahead and hit the Game of Thrones thread instead.