General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

Trump Sues Democrats For Abuse Of Power

<< < (2/3) > >>

MOD4:
Already posted here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,359227.new.html#new

Topic merged.

edpc:
This lawsuit is almost certainly loser for him, especially since he has a revocable - not blind - trust.  The lawsuit mentions potential legislation. All they need to show is they will review the information for possible legislation requiring presidential candidates to have transparency in their filings and assets, to prevent conflicts of interest. Of course, this would open the door for a future Republican led House to review high ranking Democrat tax returns, so they can review possible legislation for leadership members to release their returns.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: edpc on April 22, 2019, 05:33:50 pm ---This lawsuit is almost certainly loser for him, especially since he has a revocable - not blind - trust.  The lawsuit mentions potential legislation. All they need to show is they will review the information for possible legislation requiring presidential candidates to have transparency in their filings and assets, to prevent conflicts of interest. Of course, this would open the door for a future Republican led House to review high ranking Democrat tax returns, so they can review possible legislation for leadership members to release their returns.

--- End quote ---

I'm with you.  I don't know what such a suit would be based on.  Seems desperate.

edpc:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on April 22, 2019, 05:47:17 pm ---I'm with you.  I don't know what such a suit would be based on.  Seems desperate.
--- End quote ---

Probably a stalling tactic. Not a bad plan, if you want to keep them at bay, for a while and make them work for it. When they do, you have the optics and narrative to say they were rabid to keep the investigations going. Redmeat for the base.

Free Vulcan:
I'm guessing SCOTUS won't touch this due to separation of powers, but that reaffirmation alone might just well give Trump the ammo to tell Nadler et al to buzz off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version